Alienware 14 spreading it's wings thread ;)

Discussion in 'Alienware 14 and M14x' started by MrMogwai, Jul 1, 2020.

1. MrMogwai

MrMogwai Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Once again, all three cards stated above, 960M, 965M and 1050M are 128bit memory bus. I'm beginning to see a corelation between a specific stencil and bus width (the 870m which is on the same one and has 192 kind of knocks out the idea, but...)

Since I think it's safe to assume that the GPU is wired through the iGPU, and that one is wired to the eDP, is it possible that this system is Pascal ready?

2. MrMogwai

Reputations:
    Ok, I got a quote for the whole project from the reballing service in my town that didn't look weird at me or decline the service outright, and actually offered some help regarding rewiring the board to work properly (there may be some resistor swapping to reach proper current), what we need now is a vBIOS for any of those cards. If anyone has a Dell laptop with either a N16P-GX-A2, N17P-G1-A1 or N17P-G0-A1 would you be so kind to upload it? I could dive into the monkey cage that is Techpowerup's vBIOS library, but I'd rather get something from a more reliable source ...

3. ssj92

ssj92 Neutron Star

Reputations:
    Yes the laptop can support Pascal theoretically since AW 17 R1 and 18 can and they are same BIOS family.

However, I do not know if 1050 series will work. 960M is most likely to work if everyone is saying it should.

vBIOS you might want to go ask in the AW 15 section.

4. MrMogwai

Reputations:
    I'm consulting the BGA fix guys to see if they can figure out a wiring diagram for this.
    Also, does anyone have access to AW 14 schematic? I can't for the life of me find it on the web...

5. javers

javers Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    MrMogwai likes this.