Alienware 13 r3 Refused Warranty after Says 99 degrees is normal

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by nielo, Mar 17, 2020.

1. nielo

nielo Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yes I have told them this and shown them this, they are not ready to acknowledge the problem. Their standard quote of "designed to run at 99c" remains. The thing is the regular techs at dell dont actually use gaming laptops. In the rare occasion that they do and actually point out an issue with the customer they are simply removed from the case.

Vasudev and etern4l like this.
  2. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Hence I said you have to reach out to social media as Facebook/twitter. Dell is represented on both places. Even those higher up in the system.

Vasudev, 0lok, nielo and 1 other person like this.
  3. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    @nielo I'll recommend asking for full refund + compensation (optional) for ruining a working laptop and interrupting work from home situations w/o a laptop.
    Dell will say even 200C is fine since the laptop is functioning as intended and not to mention SSDs boiling to death!
    Request for similar specced 13 r3 or m 15 series. Once you get the laptop sell it along with AGA and buy a better priced laptop and never choose Dell. What good is warranty when the problems are simply ignored and isn't worth Premium support they're giving us!
    Happened to me twice and tech broke a week old Echo model and once every part was received I asked the tech to assemble only few parts and rest I'll assemble(repaste and repad was pending) so did that and I never allowed any tech to touch my BGA.

Papusan likes this.
  4. ole!!!

ole!!! Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    when i first just recommend a friend to buy a r1 and had some issue, they sent out two techs for 1 repair session. the guy in training working on my friend's $4000 aptop while the other guy watches him, after the repair was 8 beep of blackscreen went from semi-function to non-functional.

back in the days, at least they wont dispute your request for repair and you can still get help. nowadays they lower the standard and use the 95C+ as an excuse to avoid more issue related to their own design.

0lok and Papusan like this.
  5. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    In 2016, they quickly acknowledged thermal issues after CPU started hitting 90C instantly. Now, even after reaching 100C they say its normal!

Papusan and etern4l like this.
  6. xMAXIMUSx

xMAXIMUSx Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Frank left for a reason i think. Lol

7. Duck W

Duck W Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    It reminds me of my previous 13 r3. Power throttle so bad that I have to return it.

8. Ihtfp06

Ihtfp06 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Have you tried undervolting? Both mobos I’ve had in my 13r3 ran hot (100C) and throttled. Used throttlestop to undervolt by .125, and now only core 1 gets hot (96C), and I never get any throttling. This is an issue with all 13r3s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Enjoy undervolt as long you can... BLACK LIST. Adjustable voltage control/turbo ratio limits are locked out

Vasudev and raz8020 like this.
  10. Duck W

Duck W Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Vasudev, raz8020 and Papusan like this.