Alienware 13 r3 Refused Warranty after Says 99 degrees is normal

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by nielo, Mar 17, 2020.

1. nielo

nielo Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    They have refused a refund or replacement while stating the system is performing normaly even after damaging the system on camera. They did offer a repair which I will no longer accept. I will have to proceed legally as this is clearly them trying to scam me.

c69k and etern4l like this.
  2. etern4l

etern4l Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Very unfortunate story. Makes you rethink the value of Dell's on-site service. Unfortunately, some of the local servicemen are not exactly gurus, and to see Dell trying to avoid responsibility when something goes wrong during repair is quite disheartening. Good luck and please keep us posted..

nielo, Spartan, c69k and 1 other person like this.
  3. senso

senso Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    You sure that video is from some Dell worker?
    No standard dell clothing at all, and the anti-static brace connected to the mat, connected to nothing, is that a wireless grounding mat?.....
    If the cable is torn, how do you still have image on your laptop?..

Seems a bit iffy TBH..

How did they ruin the laptop?

Why is guy barefoot? Why talking in english?

Why didn't you provide something like a clean table instead of working on the floor on his lap?

So much wrong in that video..

moral hazard likes this.
  4. nielo

Reputations:
    Im surprised by how fraudulent they are they refused to compensate for the broken glass and closed the case on the laptop as well.

5. nielo

Reputations:
    He is from dell with a support dispatch number he was on call with them and brought parts from them. Dell subcontracts to some company here called wipro or tvs. Im not familiar with them but these guys are out to scam people.
    I have several tables and rooms 5 of them actually, he chose to sit on the marble floor and do it. Normally I dont meet staff but this was an extraordinary step where after repeated issues I had to record this persons work.

6. etern4l

etern4l Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I understand that on site techs Dell uses are generally subcontractors. They may not have any "standard clothing", certainly the one that replaced my mobo didn't. He looked less professional than a typical plumber TBH.

Spartan likes this.
  7. nielo

Reputations:
    I would assume dell USA isnt aware of the "premium" service that is being given here. I did show them this on twitter. Due to the current virus it will take some time to take them to the consumer court and file a lawsuit in the US since the system was purchased in the US. However I have to make the effort since its the only way to get them to see the problem.

etern4l likes this.
  8. TheReciever

TheReciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    The only reason to buy Dell is because parts are plentiful and I can fix myself.

ALL of Dells subcontractors pass open book exams to be certified in their respective computers.

ole!!! likes this.
  9. nielo

Reputations:
    Update 4: Compensation for the property damage (glass item) was also refused by dell. They notified me via email. I will have to wait till the 15th of april to press charges due to the lockdown.

etern4l likes this.
  10. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Use social media as suggested from AW support (Dell costomer support) in the link https://www.reddit.com/r/Alienware/comments/fs20mt/be_carful_from_the_bios_update/

They can't run away from own specs...
    upload_2020-3-31_2-32-50.png
    Coffee Lake temperature concerns

etern4l likes this.