Alienware 13 r3 Refused Warranty after Says 99 degrees is normal

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by nielo, Mar 17, 2020.

1. nielo

nielo Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Update 4: Compensation for the property damage (glass item) was also refused by dell. They notified me via email. I will have to wait till the 15th of april to press charges due to the lockdown.

update3:They have refused a refund or replacement while stating the system is performing normally even after damaging the system on camera. They did offer a repair which I will no longer accept. I will have to proceed legally as this is clearly them trying to scam me.

Update2:

Sadly they pretty much ruined my laptop here
    3:47 display cable ripped 1 side
    6:21 pointed out broken display cable rip
    6:42 close of torn cable 13:42 motherboard tape still on
    14:33 begins to install heatsink over the tape (heatsink pad sticker is not removed)
    16:11 asks tech if he wants to put heatsink that way
    25:15 breaks my glass

They simply said the diagnosis says its fine 90- 99 degrees is normal operating temp (this within 5 to 20 mins of gaming), they broke my display cable and twisted heatsink as well.Now I have two screws missing.

To be fair the person that came before this was excellent and notified them that there is an issue with laptop and back support melting.

Update
    : Thanks to everyone and for referring me to their twitter, I did have to give them a lengthy test report a few times including referring them to the issue posted on the fourms here: http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...u-core-temperature-differential-issue.805062/
    They have decided to issue me a motherboard and heatsink replacement.

I havent posted in a while but I need help I have posted this on the dell forums as well. However I feel this would be the only way to reach someone at alienware.

My alienware 13 r3 which is under warranty was not turning on, the dell india people sent a technician to replace the motherboard.

The technician had no idea how to open the system, misplaced a screw ripped of the heatsink, while breaking the wifi pin. After replacing the board he ran a diagnostic took a photo and said the temps are normal. The keyboard was extremely hot and the high temp on cpu was 91 which was not normal. He assured me its fine and I can game on it. When I asked about the missing screw he said there was no screw there which is a lie because he later found the screw and said its not necessary to reopen the laptop for it.

Then 2 days passed and the laptop cpu kept shooting up to 91/92 degrees. I called dell, they asked me to do some updates send photos. The issues got worse temps on the cpu within minutes kept hitting 98/99 on hwinfo. I told them this was not the case on my old board temp were at cpu 60s gpu high 70s to 80 max at full load.

The dell tech said he spoke to the alienware design team and they said this is normal operating temperature. This is clearly false as I can tell you for a fact nobody from the alienware team would say this. I need help i do not wish to deal with this rep in india who clearly has no idea what he is saying and is just mouthing of a script.

my service tag is 52LWQF2 if anyone from alienware can help me I would appreciate it as I have always bought alienware systems since 2009

PS: I have the graphic amplifier as well which is also useless now as the cpu overheats enough to downclock.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
  2. etern4l

etern4l Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I would repaste and repad (if you are on stock Dell pads) - I doubt Dell will do that for you.

Vasudev likes this.
  3. nielo

Reputations:
    Done, its not a paste issue this is older used board that wasnt properly fixed and marked ok to be given to another customer. This is one of the boards where heatsink fails to make proper contact or there is something wrong with it.

etern4l likes this.
  4. etern4l

etern4l Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Have you tried Twitter support?

5. nielo

Reputations:
    How do I do that? ill try to tweet them is there a specific handle

6. TheReciever

TheReciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    If Alienware actually listened to any level of NBR they would have better laptops overall

@c69k is an enthusiastic member with the 13 R3, if anyone can give you assistance or direction I would imagine it to be this member...

Vasudev, Rei Fukai, Maxware79 and 4 others like this.
  7. nielo

Reputations:
    thanks ill message him and try.

c69k and etern4l like this.
  8. etern4l

etern4l Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2020
    Vasudev and nielo like this.
  9. nielo

Reputations:
    ok will do thanks

etern4l likes this.
  10. nielo

Reputations:
    Apparently this is normal, hitting 103 within 6 mins of a game. I am out of words. Apparently the alienware 13 r3 i was using before was an anomaly and the normal alienware 13 r3 works at 97 to 100 degrees cpu and throttles in 4 to 6 mins of gaming. This is what the alienware tech is trying to tell me on twitter. Iv never been this baffled.

Attached Files:

etern4l likes this.