AlienHead LED works OK? Or only work with a screen light? (Only M17xR3)

Discussion in 'Alienware 17 and M17x' started by mikeypinero, Oct 6, 2011.

?

Your M17xR3 AlienHead light work fine?

1. Yes, and independently to the screen

44 vote(s)
    51.8%
  2. No, just work with the screen light

41 vote(s)
    48.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vads24

vads24 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:

I discussed this with a senior floor manager a few minutes ago. And he is investigating this case wit the Level 3 tech support as well as the design team.

He says he requires the service tag of those who have placed different pictures so that they can pursue all possible angle and queries with regards to this case.

He has given his email id for all of you to state the nature of your lighting and email it to him along with your service tag.

His email id is anand_edward@dell.com

I had emailed the picture posted by Inap , mikeypinero and worldedit.

It will be great if you can furnish your service tags for them to pursue. They are coming forward so let please provide them with the correct info.

The forum posts were read and he would be joining the forum tomorrow. I mentioned the part number for the PCB board. I have been told to draft and email and with mikeypinero's service tag.

So mikey please do so. It would help others too. Great job in finding the part number.

2. Imoq

Imoq Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I don't want to be off topic, and will just begin to confirm that my R3 that ordered at the end of May and got mid June has this issue as well; the "Alienhead" is only turned on when the screen is; already sent an email to the address provided here.

What I came originally to this forum for was about an issue I just noticed (my bad, I should had payed attention before) but after my motherboard was replaced about a month ago because of a malfunction (it was a brand new computer too!) the "Alienware" logo just above the power button and at the bottom of the display does not light up.

It is not a configuration issue, have latest version of AlienFX and even if I change the color in there, the letters are still off and no way to turn them on. I am positive it worked before the mother board replacement.

Is there a loose connector the technician could forgot to attach? should I try to check it myself or just call Dell about it?

As I said, I don't want to derail it, just haven't found information about this issue.

Thanks in advance!

3. RIKO

RIKO Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Result im emailing him now :)

4. RIKO

RIKO Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Email sent :)

5. DarthPierce

DarthPierce Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I hesitate to send this info, as I dont have the LED board (I'm affected by this issue) but I also prefer it the way is. I dont want some tech to come out, mess with things, and then have a light I cant turn off.

6. vads24

Reputations:
    You dont need to worry about the Alienware word lighting below the screen. Its probably a loose connector or its not connected. I would recommend you to call Dell and get them to check while you supervise. Who know...maybe the connecter is damaged etc. But this is an easily rectifiable issue.

7. vads24

Reputations:
    Darth, they wont force you to fix one, that i m sure off. The information is being gathered to find out the pattern in which this is happening and why.

I think everyone wants an explanation. Whether those who dont have it desire one is a secondary question and an option Dell would give you. But out of this query a consistent product line emerge.

8. Mkkillah

Mkkillah Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Mine didnt come with a lot of documentation... So I got it from the dell website but it doesnt explain how 2 get the top cover of, so I can see the screen model :confused:

9. vads24

Reputations:

Why do you want to open it up for this purpose? Is it to check the Alienhead or other reason? You can check your model by using HWInfo software. Also you can go to the device manager, and check under display panel, driver. In properties you can look under Hardware Id and manufacturer also. You just have to cross check. Or call dell,give your service tag and they will tell you.

10. Jas71

Jas71 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Just for some insight, I had my screen replaced due to quality control issues. They replaced my 1080p with a 900p by mistake. The 1080p had the dedicated light board while the 900p replacement didn't. This was how I knew the two panels were different before I actually booted up and could tell by the screen resolution. When I got another 1080p to replace the 900p, it had the dedicated light board.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.