AlienFX Pidgin + Winamp plugin

Discussion in 'Alienware' started by Ingrater, Sep 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ingrater

Ingrater Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    @migualo
    Disconnect your laptop from the power supply and remove all batteries for at least 15 minutes. If you boot up your laptop after that you should be fine.

2. Ingrater

Reputations:
    As no one picked up the developement for the plugin I put some more time into it. The newest release features a xml file which can be used to add support for currently unsupported laptop models just by editing a xml file.
    For a guide how to add support for your yet unsupproted laptop see this guide:
    Adding AlienFX devices

If you manage to get a working xml for your laptop be nice and share it here on the forums. Feedback always welcome.

If you can not manage to get the plugin to run on your laptop alienware might changed the protocol once again. In that case contact me here on the forums if you are willing to help me adding support for the new protocol.

Kind Regards
    Ingrater

3. ToxicTension

ToxicTension Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thank you so much for all your hard work, Ingrater. I received my All Powerful M15x back in late January and have been trying to get your plugin to work since then with no success. That is, until now. The thing works beautifully! As requested, I have attached the xml device config I set up for my M15x. MAKE SURE TO CHANGE FROM .txt TO .xml!!!

EDIT: Changed xml post to attachment because [ html] adds excessive \'s.

Attached Files:

4. CGSDR

CGSDR Alien Master Race

Reputations:
    I use your file on my M14x (because I believe that the keyboard and stuff is the same except for the prod id) I did every as Ingrater said, but in the end after I test it on Winamp, I click on Start, but nothing happen, and I also do see the config panel, just it's nothing happen, what wrong did I do?

5. ToxicTension

Reputations:
    You should probably only use my config if you have an All Powerful M15x. What productid did you use in the .xml?

6. CGSDR

CGSDR Alien Master Race

Reputations:
    I use 0x521, originally it said PID_0521.

7. Ingrater

Reputations:
    Well if it starts up without complaining it at least managed to connect to a AlienFX device. You now need to configure your zones to certain frequencies to actually make the beatdetection work. There are a couple of tutorials in this thread about it.

8. CGSDR

CGSDR Alien Master Race

Reputations:
    Well at first try, it gave me an error but after the next try it actually working, I can access the config panel but just no light is changing, I'll have a look at those tutorial, thanks.

9. ToxicTension

Reputations:
    I'm on my friend's M14x and I'm experiencing the same issue. Maybe the m14x uses a different protocol?

10. CGSDR

CGSDR Alien Master Race

Reputations:
    If it is, so what is it? change the protocol to number 3?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.