AlienFX Pidgin + Winamp plugin

Discussion in 'Alienware' started by Ingrater, Sep 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Napbree

Napbree Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Wow I fully support this project. I knew someone who tried this project and he couldn't do it because the little controler chip couldn't support alot of data being sent too it, read/write too slow. But you seem to have done it? Why isn't the kayboard not working though? I think if you tried doing it with the keyboard it wouldn't work.

Also, instead of making it flash for every bit of noise make it flash for the main bits - e.g. choose certain frequencies that occur alot. :)

Can't wait for the final result!!

2. Ingrater

Ingrater Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    @Lord_Zath
    There is a possibilty to test if they changed the commands. But it takes some time and we should be in direct contact for example icq or msn. If you are interested send me your icq or msn per pm.

Edit: The keyboard doesn't flash because I don't have a alienfx keyboard. I'm also not pleased with the beatdetection results yet. I will work on that.

3. Aristotelhs2060

Aristotelhs2060 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    there is a new version of the command center (v2.0.10). i think you should also try this plugin with this version-drivers if it really matters.

continue your effort and thanks even for trying. alienfx has an option for access by 3rd party applications and this may mean something.

4. Ingrater

Reputations:
    I don't use the command center or any alienware software at all. And I like to mantain this because then I could also release my apps for example for linux or mac. The CC also has restrictions I don't want to have. For example my self written alienfx editor can set an extra effect if the laptop is in standby which is not possible with the cc. I will release this tool soon it's already finished and stable but I need to write the readme / licence stuff before I can release it.

Edit: I still need someone with a m15x with alienfx keyboard who runs my leds-tester as I don't have a alienfx keyboard.

5. Konig

Konig Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    lemme know what i can do to help.

6. Napbree

Napbree Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    This is sounding more and more awesome. YOu could add a whole load of features, and even include a scripting engine (later one maybe). I would love to help design the interface i'm a pretty okay designer. I'm good with shiny black - which is similiar to alienware. It'll look sleek.

I have so many ideas for the project but I won't spam you with them :)

7. Ingrater

Reputations:
    Well currently you can help my by running this app on a m15x with alienfx keyboard and sending me the results:
    http://go.notebookreview.com/?id=525X832&url=http://stuff.benjamin-thaut.de/alienfx-leds-tester.zip

In the past hours I tried togehter with Lordr Zath to decode the new protocoll for the alienfx device the m17x is using. Unfortunately they are not using the same winapi calls as in the alienfx editor I have so I'm stuck for now. I also can't download the new CC because the german alienware site is currently broken. I will keep you posted if there are any news.

8. Konig

Konig Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    ok...will send it tomorrow

9. Ingrater

Reputations:
    There is no new version of the CC for my laptop (old m15x) the newest version was already installed when I got it and this version doesn't support 3rd party apps.

10. Lord_Zath

Lord_Zath Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yeah talk about frustrating!

I'm going to format and install Vista tomorrow morning (my time) so I should in theory be ready to go when you're around. 7:30 pm your time was around 12:30 pm my time. Let's hope we can get this figured out :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.