Alienfx and lightpack?

Discussion in 'Alienware M11x' started by ejohnson, Jul 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ejohnson

ejohnson Is that lemon zest?

Reputations:
    Was searching around youtube for a way to get my tactx mouse and keyboard to flash with music (I did find a video that shows it being done) and came across this little gem... anyone got any info on this? Only thing I was able to find was in russian

Looks like it changes the keyboard lights to match the colors that are on the screen, giving it that ambient lighting that some bigscreen tvs have... looks pretty cool.

‪AlienFX and LightPack‬‏ - YouTube

‪LightPack‬‏ - YouTube

EDIT: Looks like we may have it working

2. Vallejo

Vallejo Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    There is always the option of google translator :D
    Wow, it looks pretty cool. I will make some research in a couple of minutes to see what i can find.

3. ejohnson

Reputations:
    Google translator is blocked at my work, wish I could use it... but it looks like there are a few downloads on their website, but I can read what they are.

4. DeeVu

DeeVu That Compsci/Psych Major

Reputations:
    Wow that's cool. Nice find. Now we need to find a DL link. :D

5. drste06

drste06 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    been looking for this kind of thing for way to long seen as most games dont use alienfx could be cool for movies looking forward to more info il see if i can find owt :?

6. ejohnson

Reputations:
    I sent the guy a email, hope he send something back to let us know how to get this working.

7. DeeVu

DeeVu That Compsci/Psych Major

Reputations:
    That'd be great. If he tosses a link let us know :D

8. thehelios

thehelios Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    /Software/alienfx/ - lightpack - USB-????????? ???????? ??? ???????? ??????? ??????????? - Google Project Hosting

I'm still trying to figure out what files go where. According to the log, I'm missing the firmware and still searching that site for what/where it could be. So far, I placed the 2 header files in their respective folders in the Alienware folder in ProgramFiles and the dll too.

If I make any progress, I'll be sure to give y'all a heads up.

EDIT: The author of the files has (seemingly) put up all the files to COMPILE an executable on the codes site but the files are all over the place. Anyone want to collect them and compile it?

9. Greywind

Greywind Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Well i'm from Russia (sort of), but still it doesn't get much more simple to understand how it works...
    First of all - you need to add IsAlienFxMode to LightpackMain.conf (it appears after first launch of Lightpack.exe).
    You'll need this (program itself) Lightpack_sw4.1.0.exe - lightpack - ????????? ??? ??????? ? ??????? ???????? Windows (x86) - USB-????????? ???????? ??? ???????? ??????? ??????????? - Google Project Hos
    and this (libs needed)
    Libs_Win32_Qt4.7.zip - lightpack - ?????????? ??????????? ??? ??????? ?????????? ??? Win - USB-????????? ???????? ??? ???????? ??????? ??????????? - Google Proj
    in a same folder to get program running... but log file still states, that it cannot find device needed. Oh well, still experimenting then.

10. thehelios

thehelios Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    699a0b0b287e - lightpack - USB-????????? ???????? ??? ???????? ??????? ??????????? - Google Project Hosting

If you look at the change file list and open up the main.cpp in the "what was made different" view, you'll see that the new version has all these additions for the alienfx header files and other stuff. You can't just throw those files into the same folder as lightpack because these are source files. You'll have to put all these files together and compile them to an .exe before you go on.

If you look at the original view for the main.cpp, you'll see that a usb header file is already included and that's why the USB devices don't necessarily need anything extra files wise.