Alan Wake?

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by HTWingNut, Feb 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kevin

Kevin Egregious

Reputations:
    EDIT: Nvm I got the key from the site instead. Downloading now.

Will post impression with games maxed at 1080p.

2. Greywolf22

Greywolf22 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Wow...now I'm wondering if I should buy it on PC and replay it...I will say that the soundtrack is amazing too.

3. TheGreatAnonymous

TheGreatAnonymous Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    This game seems pretty demanding. With the settings pictured below I'm only getting an average of ~35 fps (resolution is 1920x1080). With everything set to Low I get about 40-55 fps, but it still dips into the 30's. Most settings don't seem to make much a difference framerate wise except for draw distance, LOD distance, and SSAO.

[​IMG]

Was expecting a lot more performance wise but the game is certainly playable. Fortunately the motion blur does a good job of masking slowdowns. Haven't made it very far but some of the lighting and other effects during the beginning are pretty nice.

4. The Happy Swede

The Happy Swede Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I finished this game first day of it releasing, and yeah its an AMAZING game! The DLC's are very good too! It has really nice graphics and is a joy to play! Though some of the critique it got, was it having to much repitition, like you always had to fight the same "monsters" and such, but i found it a joy! :D Worth a buy, definitely!! One of my fav games :D

5. johnnyman27

johnnyman27 Notebook Lover

Reputations:
    i have same speqs and i run game full settings expect FXAA off cuz it cuz too much bluriness!!i get about 35-50 fps!!!

6. skaun

skaun Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yeah it's really a good game. AMD has CAP for the crossfire users on their website, actually improves performance quite a bit.

I run the game at all settings maxed but only 2x antialising at 1920x1200, and I get 35-45 fps.

7. The Happy Swede

The Happy Swede Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    FYI guys, if you dident know there is a new stand alone DLC coming for Alan wake :) Its called American Nightmare, looking really cool so far, though i dont think its coming for Pc direct...

8. Cylphid

Cylphid Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Installed FRAPS last night and was pretty shocked to see I'm only averaging 20-25 FPS as it's playing pretty smooth. Like TheGreatAnonymous said above though, most of the graphics settings don't seem to affect fps that much.

Episode 2 and getting much enjoyment out of it - first game in a long time that's creeping me out :p

9. Vitor711

Vitor711 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yeah, I can manage 30FPS+ constantly with the game maxed out but only at 1280x720.

Used to playing games at my native res of 1920x1080, especially when they are multiplatform. Weird.

Then again, this game is STUNNING. Wow, incredible lighting. But God Rays and Volumetric Density kill my FPS in higher resolutions. Real shame, but at least it's playable.

Hopefully some drivers/patches will improve performance a little because people with similar set ups seem to be managing at least 1600x900, which would be great.

10. johnnyman27

johnnyman27 Notebook Lover

Reputations:
    here 4 images from me.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.