Aero 17 IPS FHD screen gamut...

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by Al G, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Al G

Al G Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi, Im torn between buying a HP Omen 17 (144Hz IPS FHD 17" screen) and the Gigabyte Aero 17 144Hz IPS FHD 17". But I cant find any reviews or info about colour gamut for the IPS FHD anywhere. Every review seems to focus on the 4K screen. Anybody have this info? The Omen has a 77% AdobeRGB gamut (which is quite good for a gaming laptop) so Im hoping the Aero's is a tad higher. Need it for photo editing and gaming btw. Cheers.

2. Franky Jain

Franky Jain Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

And Gigabyte is 100% DCI-P3 Color Gamut for 4K HDR.

3. Al G

Al G Newbie

Reputations:
    Cheers for the vid and info Franky, but its the IPS FHD panel i need info for. Might get in touch with Gigabyte themselves. Cheers.
    Just found out that the DeltaE gamut is <1 even on the FHD panel. Im sold!:cool:

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
  4. penguinslider

penguinslider Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    If its not too much trouble, can you come back to us when you get the laptop? How is it? I am also considering this laptop for photography purposes.

5. Al G

Al G Newbie

Reputations:
    Sure. Might be a while though as Im looking for a new camera at the moment. The laptop might have to wait till the late summer/autumn as I have a pretty decent desktop set-up that will keep me going until then. Hoping prices will come down too on the 2019 models now that the newer ones are out. :)