Aero 15 X w/ 1070 Max-Q

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by rickybambi, Sep 25, 2017.

1. TLCH723

TLCH723 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Did you use the gigabyte intel and nvidia driver or use the official ones from intel and nvidia website? Some people are having problem with the latest nvidia driver. I had a similar problem, cant play youtube video, when I use the latest nvidia driver a month or two ago. I just use the one from the smart update and it works

2. Anddo24

Anddo24 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    How did you get the GPU under 90c?

XTU can get my CPU to around 80-83c while benchmarking ROTR (Tomb Raider).. But the GPU hits 90c just sitting in the menu.
    I've purchased a Topmate laptop cooler (would not recommend), which often keeps the GPU around 85-89c with less demanding games..

3. HussainQ

HussainQ Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I really think you need to repaste your GPU if its idle temperature is 90C

xDjinn likes this.
  4. alawadhi3000

alawadhi3000 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Undervolt the GPU using MSI Afterburner curve editor.

Use 1650MHz@0.8V and 1800MHz@0.9V as a start, keep a flat line above 0.9V to force the GPU not to use anything over 0.9V, keeping temps down.

He said at the menu of the game, not idling.

5. HussainQ

HussainQ Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Ah, my bad. I misread.
    Still, that's really high for essentially not rendering much.

6. childprotectorofthenight

childprotectorofthenight Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'm using smart update gigabyte software. Also does anyone know what this sound coming from the middle of my keyboard is? Sounds like fans hitting something or maybe coil whine. Turn volume way up. I'm getting into the 90's with -140mv undervolt and all the cores at 3.3ghz. Any other advice for lowering the temps at this point. The razer blade 15 easily stayed in the 80's with a -130mv undervolt and all cores at 3.6.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
  7. Shermo

Shermo Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    HyperX HX426S15IB2K2/32 is working fine on my Aero 15X, it's automatically picked up the correct timings so now have 32GB dual channel with 15-17-17 timings :)

8. Julii

Julii Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Have you bought two Rams or have you just inserted one HyperX together with the previously installed one?

9. Shermo

Shermo Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I bought a 2x16GB kit as I couldn't find a matching one to the V-color it came with.

A colleague at work is also buying an Aero 15X so he is probably going to buy the 16GB stick I took out, otherwise I'll probably eBay it.

10. jounar

jounar Newbie

Reputations:
    I got aero 15x on monday.

2 Problems.

1) My left shift key and left ctrl key seems broken. They are differ from other keys. When I type those keys, they make clicking sound like they will break in month. Anyone having same issue here? Is this common issue?

2) They changed power adapter without making proper notice. 205w adapter with usb port -> 180w adapter without usb port? I can't take this.
    And as I research this issue, I found out something else. It seems they've changed laptop's spec. In the bottom of 15x, there is some text about laptop's INPUT. That was 19.5v*10.5a, about 205w when they were still provide 205w adapter. Now, it is 19.5v*9.23a, about 180w. Is this just because they changed adapter? or they actually spec down input watts for some reason(temperature or somthing) without noticing customer?

Sorry for my broken english. not my mother tongue.