Aero 15 X w/ 1070 Max-Q

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by rickybambi, Sep 25, 2017.

1. TLCH723

TLCH723 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi I just got my Aero 15x v8 I got a couple of questions.

1) Is there a way to use the fn keys (Max fan, wifi, brightness, blank screen, touchpad lock, airplane mode) without install smart manager? The keyboard light, sleep and volume work.
    2) Is there a way, with smart manager installed, not to use the cpu profile? Once installed, in high performance, the cpu stays around 39-41x until thermal, does not drop to 8x when idling.
    3) Does the power adapter come with a USB port? I thought I saw one with usb port on a review.
    4) After fresh install, I cannot control brightness via the power option. What can I do?

HussainQ likes this.
  2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I took my new 15x v8 to write some code for a couple hours on the battery yesterday. What a disaster.

Super slow performance -- Docker took 3 minutes to start with no other tasks running. Occasional stuttering.

2 BSODs due to the (current) NVIDIA driver.

In 1 hour, battery down by 50%.

I've reached out to HID support for any suggestions but I think this one is going back. Shame as we love the v7!

3. whytam

whytam Newbie

Reputations:
    Mine is going back due to overheating/GPU throttle.
    The only thing my notebook experience is green screen freezes during gaming and literally gaming is what i do.

4. buddy1065

buddy1065 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
  5. droidfury

droidfury Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Can we charge our laptop using the PD charger in the thunderbolt 3 port? I'm using the late 2017 Aero 15x.

6. bradleyjb

bradleyjb Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Can someone confirm the model of the 144hz display? I've seen LGD05C0 mentioned but cant find any info about it. I'm thinking about feasibility of upgrading my current Aero 15x. thanks ...

7. chillypacman

chillypacman Newbie

Reputations:
    Has anyone had issues with overheating in their laptop? Mine hits close to 80 degrees celsius in 'high performance' mode with no load, don't think that's normal.

I'm hopeful there's an update or something it needs to fix this issue? Otherwise I guess Ill have to get it replaced...

8. Anddo24

Anddo24 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    80c idle/browseing the web isn't normal.. I'd send it back.

I hit 84c under full load after undervolt (have yet to repaste since Im iffy on keeping mine).. Normal temps 44c-58c AC, 30c-40c battery.

9. Evermilion

Evermilion Newbie

Reputations:
    Is anyone else getting random freezes where you can't do anything but move your mouse. Mine tends to freeze up when I open up two programs at the same time or when I alt-tab out of a game into a different program. The only way to resolve the issue is to hit the power button to sleep mode or hard reset. I noticed this before the clean install, but it still continues after the clean install.

10. xDjinn

xDjinn Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Supposedly it was fixed but I still experience it occasionally.

https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27650/eng/ReleaseNotes_15.65.5.4982.pdf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk