Aero 15 X w/ 1070 Max-Q

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by rickybambi, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Jeehong

Jeehong Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I don't think there's any reason to buy this instead of GS65.

2. Jeehong

Jeehong Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    You can manipulate the voltage by doing all the painful work in voltage-frequency graph(ctrl+F in AfterBurner)

I'm asking because it's so redundant...

3. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I've had some success controlling GPU temps by using the SmartManager "deep control" fan setting, which gives you a graph similar to what Afterburner does. I couldn't get Afterburner to unlock the fan but if you can, it's the same thing.

The default settings on my fresh install of Win 10 and latest version of SmartManager never had the fan going above 75% until the GPU was so hot it would melt, so I set it to run at 85-95% once it hits around 75 and now it never goes above 75. The fan is certainly loud but I prefer that to a molten laptop.

4. Spring1898

Spring1898 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hello all, I have a couple questions.
    1. 8750 15x doesn't like the hedphones I plug in and still plays out the speakers I don't see an option under audio settings, and there doesn't appear to be a dedicated Realtek application, just the drivers.
    2. Is dolby atmos just a trial/bloatware I can get rid of?

5. dgoran

dgoran Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    What bugs me is that I would hate to pay msi more and get less in nearly every aspect.

6. dgoran

dgoran Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    For 1 There is a setting you have to download from Microsoft store to control that
    2 believe it or not it actually enhances the sound. It’s there for a reason.

7. oldmanatwork

oldmanatwork Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi, if the headphones dont work, its a problem with the realtek app. you can download the latest version at www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9p2b8mcsvpln

8. Anddo24

Anddo24 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Equalizer APO and Peace GUI really bring these speakers to life.. You need booster program with this laptop, otherwise the sound is the weakest of any laptop I have ever owned.

xDjinn likes this.
  9. Ice Cold

Ice Cold Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    How can a Laptop with Downward facing Speakers that are maybe 1” inch big, Have Or hope to offer. Dolby Atmos ? Maybe it’s BS they should get Sued IMO
    Or it’s Marketing I can’t sell a TV saying it’s Dolby Digital and then not really deliver.
    What exactly is Dolby Atmos accomplishing on the Aero 15x. I’d like to email Gigabyte to ask them and get the response in writing. Then do it again and post on their Social Media asking just so I can have proof and they don’t blame one employee.
    What’s next they offer 100% sRGB and it’s only really 72%

10. Anddo24

Anddo24 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Throw in an equalizer and you'll hear the Dolby Atmos effect. It's hard to describe, but the audio separation is definitely different from standard laptop sound signatures.. I feel it's wasted in this instance. But it works for sure.