Aero 15 X w/ 1070 Max-Q

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by rickybambi, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I did a clean install of Windows 10 and had no problem installing NVIDIA drivers through GeForce Experience. The only issue is that the GPU gets very hot and the heat spills over to the CPU (even when not running CPU-intensive apps). I was able to keep CPU temps down by undervolting the CPU but have no experience undervolting the GPU and when unchecking the box in Afterburner to enable voltage regulation it looks like I still can't modify it. Anybody have any luck doing this?

2. RickRainbow

RickRainbow Newbie

Reputations:
    do you know how to turn off the logo light?

3. sockfish

sockfish Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I am getting a pop up from Smart Update to install "P65Q". Always stays at 0%. Anyone know what this is and how to stop the pop up upon reboot?

4. RMXO

RMXO Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yeap, i had to rerun the installer a bunch of times because either the installer doesn't run after a reboot or it freezes at certain spots during install.

5. Anddo24

Anddo24 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The temps are becoming a little much.. I get 90c on both CPU/GPU while running Rise Of The Tomb Raider benchmark.
    I've undervolted both CPU/GPU to -155v and -125v respectively; fans at max, custom settings..

A few caveats; It's 78 degrees in NYC, no AC running, so the ambient temp is kinda high.. Also XTU stress tests temps were more comfortable, CPU 72c, GPU 70c.

I own a Sager NP1873-s (6820hk,1070). I played Far Cry 5 for a few hours under similar conditions and CPU/GPU never broke 81c (stock paste after a year and a half)

How is NewEgg/Gigabyte with popping the hood?
    Should I just return this thing before voiding the warranty?

6. dgreen9

dgreen9 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I have an Aero 15x that appears to have one of the keyboard issues. My O key doesn't register keystrokes around 5% of the time. Back she goes!

7. Jeehong

Jeehong Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    If that LED link to EC/BIOS, if could be possible by editting EC/BIOS FIRMWARE or doing similar in unix-like OS. But if it's directly connected to the panel's power source, it's impossible without altering the hardware.

8. Jeehong

Jeehong Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    How did you undervolt the GPU?

9. buddy1065

buddy1065 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Anyone having good experience with version 8?

10. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I'm not able to undervolt the GPU. Afterburner shows it locked even with the options checked, and HID Evolution tech support says that NVIDIA locked it down so you can't change the voltage.