Aero 15 X w/ 1070 Max-Q

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by rickybambi, Sep 25, 2017.

1. eiraku

eiraku Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Just dropping by to say that if you use the INF file from the Gigabyte-provided Nvidia "Graphics Driver" and override the one you get from the Nvidia website drivers (which you gotta unzip out of the EXE yourself - it's actually a self extracting archive... that locks the files up if you use it) AND THEN install the whole shebang with Driver Signing Enforcement (or something) DISABLED (it's one of those advanced startup options in W10), you MIGHT just be able to install the latest (or whichever) Nvidia drivers you want.

Emphasis on MIGHT, because I just did that on another laptop that isn't the Aero, but can't install Nvidia drivers from the Nividia site much like the Aero.

Win 10 complained along the way about "unsigned drivers" but I just clicked "okay" and voila: New Nvidia Drivers (in my case 391 because 397 borks multi-monitor for the 1060).

But I also used the "modded" INF file over from Laptopvideo2Go at the same time so I'm not sure which one made the install work lol. But the Driver Signing Enforcement thingy MUST be disabled or this will not work at all.

Good luck trying it out folks, and keep the original unmodded drivers close JUST IN CASE.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
  2. dgoran

dgoran Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    ^^^^
    I installed latest Nvidia driver from their site “no problem” but the problems began after where I would get bsod and culprit was Nvidia

3. dgoran

dgoran Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I told them that that last year I guess nothing was done about it. It’s not unheard of that corporate servers might be compromised and somebody is compiling the spiced up version of smart update for us to download on our brand new machines.

4. eiraku

Reputations:
    Unfortunately that's just Nvidia lol. Apparently the newest 397.31 drivers are a bit wonky on many systems.

5. RMXO

RMXO Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It was a PiTA to install 397.31 on my Aorus X5v7.

6. santimaster2000

santimaster2000 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Has anyone tried to install Windows 7 on the Aero 15X V8 ? I know there is no "Official Driver Support", but I don't think the chipset is that different from the previous Aero 15X, and that one indeed had Windows 7 drivers available.

7. eiraku

Reputations:
    Wait until you restart and the driver disappears. Seems to be happening to a few folks using Palit cards on desktops lol.

Also, multiple displays not working on 1060s.

Hence I'm sticking to 391.35 until they fix the darned thing... though the [Fixed crash in Far Cry 5 on the 1060] part in 397.31's release notes has got me a bit... apprehensive.

8. Jeehong

Jeehong Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I have returned my Aero 15x v8(1070) and gotton refund for horrible keyboard(ignored inputs depending on where you push on a key, specially on function keys).

I think the keyboard problem definitely comes from faulty hardware design, which should exist all across the products.

This is from other user who experienced the same problem. Is there anyone who have experience above problem?

9. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Uninstall the gpu drivers with DDU and reinstall with the drivers from intel and nvidia website. Dont use smart updater. It used drivers with a custom signing.

10. xDjinn

xDjinn Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I had this issue as well but something I did recently corrected it. probably the updated driver from the nvidia website.
    for me it does, looks something like this max brightness looking at the monitor dead on, but if look at it from an angle to the side of me it sort of disappears.idk 1st ips panel so not sure.

https://imgur.com/pz2s0Lg

Last edited: May 1, 2018