Aero 15 X w/ 1070 Max-Q

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by rickybambi, Sep 25, 2017.

1. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Not really the CPU already reaches up 15watt quickly after just opening some apps such as chrome. That leaves out just 20~15watts for the rest. Also in general laptops that require more power oftne dont ahve the circuits in palce for charging over USB C.

2. InvoluntorySoul

InvoluntorySoul Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    i'm using my macbook pro 13 on 30W right now, battery stays at 100% even after running WOT blitz for an hour, there is no reason 30W is not enough for browsing.

3. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Mamcbook pro 13 comes with a 15watt cpu not 45watt. 13 inch screen vs 15. Ddrr3 vs ddr4. Its designes to be a ppwer efficient machine while the aero is made to pull up to 160watts. Optimus helps but it still drains.

4. InvoluntorySoul

InvoluntorySoul Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    CPU is 28W, it seems like you are just making assumptions that 30W is not enough for browsing. usb-c power delivery gives alot of flexibility, i don't know why fan bois are defending companies for not including it. There are days you don't need to run photoshop or premiere on the road and just need the laptop for reading notebookreview. There is no reason to also log around the 200W AC adaptor.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
  5. Vistar Shook

Vistar Shook Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yes with Iris Graphics, it is 28W.

InvoluntorySoul likes this.
  6. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Fanboys? Im just realistic here. And even the 28watt cpu is still less than 45watt.

Board space is limited, compared to ultrabooks these laptops have to house a full desktop gpu and all its components, multiple storage slots etc. Why would any company include an usb c charging circuit on a laptop like this which can barely if not run at a 30watt psu.

Even if i do the bare minimum on my laptop with similar specs its hovering between 15 and 20 watt. 30watt psu doesnt push the full 30watt. Its on the edge and if i start photoshop its too much. It prevents people from having trouble with chargers that do not belong on this laptop. The power circuitry is much bigger on these laptops to begin with.

ThePerfectStorm likes this.
  7. sockfish

sockfish Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  8. Jaxom

Jaxom Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    @sockfish isn't there generally a delay from when the new GPUs are released to their mobile/laptop variants? I'm wondering because i'm due for a new laptop and looking at the Aero 15x.

9. hodgeMN

hodgeMN Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Usually. It will be interesting to see what nvidia does on this with the 11 series release this summer. Unless you need a new laptop right now, it might be worth waiting for the GPU refresh. Nice review here of the Aero:

GenTechPC likes this.
  10. Freitz

Freitz Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Quiet in here for the new launch information.