]]>

Aero 15 X w/ 1070 Max-Q

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by rickybambi, Sep 25, 2017.

1. wintermutex

wintermutex Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    if they ship a new 15x with less than a 1070max-q I’m gonna despair :/

2. Shinoke

Shinoke Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    He was referring to the 14X for the GTX1050Ti

So no change for the graphics card currently it seems, which makes sense.

So very likely it'll still be the 1070max-q, just with a new processor and some screen options (higher res option). Hopefully a refined keyboard and improved base screen, but we'll see.

And perhaps the 2070max-q by the end of the year!

3. veselinn

veselinn Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello, long time stalker, first time poster here

I recently got the Aero 15 X(this thread convinced me to get it :D). I was trying to find some for the clock speeds of the 1070 Max-Q. Naturally the 1st place I searched was https://www.notebookcheck.net/ as they have a pretty comprehensive list of CPU and GPU. Their 1070 MaxQ page (https://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-1070-Max-Q-GPU-Benchmarks-and-Specs.224732.0.html) lists the boost of the 1070 MaxQ as "the Boost (1265-1379 MHz)".

But I'm getting higher sustained clock speeds. [​IMG][​IMG] This is just after a ~2.5 hours gaming session. Fans at 100% + cooling pad + CPU undervolting.

Usually while I'm gaming(Overwatch, Grim Dawn, Hitman) I alt+tab to see the GPU clock speed, most of the time its around 1450MHz).

Any ideas where this difference between the notebookcheck's specs and the results I'm getting is coming from? Is the Open hardware monitor bugged? Any idea how I can measure the average clock speed of the GPU?

edit: correct img url

4. Paperless

Paperless Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Question for owners: Does anyone have a Thunderbolt 3 dock they can recommend to me? I need one that will charge the laptop as well as provide me two HDMI outs, or a display port & HDMI to run to a 2 external monitor setup.

Also, anyone else having a problem getting it to sleep or shut down after installing the fall creators update?

Lastly, has anyone had any luck doing a clean install themselves and then installing the Gigabyte Utilities separately?

Thanks - really need a dock recommendation!

5. HussainQ

HussainQ Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I cannot recommend any docks, but I would like to say that the laptop cannot be charged through the TB3 port.

6. sironlin

sironlin Newbie

Reputations: