Aero 15 X w/ 1070 Max-Q

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by rickybambi, Sep 25, 2017.

1. HussainQ

HussainQ Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I've worked with the regular Aero 15, it's not too hard to remove the heatsinks. Just have to unscrew everything which is about the most difficult thing about it.

2. fire3element

fire3element Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I am interested in one of these. What is the general consensus on this model?
    and is there any word of an updated model coming for 2018?

3. dumptac

dumptac Newbie

Reputations:
    I unboxed it today and my first impressions (I am only mentioning the things that I found odd as there are multiple posts about the positive things on the laptop):

1. Nowhere does it says 15x. Everywhere it says Aero 15 - on the box, on the manual, on the CD, even on the laptop sticker. For once I thought its the Aero 15 with 1060. I checked in the device manager to confirm that its Aero 15X with 1070 maxQ.
    2. When I booted, it gave the "Disk error message - press any key to skip disk checking" - i checked it was fine. I found it strange though.
    3. Comes with a lot of bloatware - didnt bother me as I removed them.
    4. The charger that I got is quite bigger than the what I had seen on reviews. Its flatter & bigger. It also doesnt have the USB port. Output is 19.5V/10.3A. It doesnt have any LED - I didnt like this at all !! Maybe the older charger model indeed had problems so they replaced it.
    5. The screen panel doesnt go as far back as I had hoped for. Its not too bad but I was hoping for more than 120-130 degrees.
    6. The right shift key doesnt glow when the color is Blue. Its fine with other colors.

4. timgarbim

timgarbim Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    where did you get yours?

5. dumptac

dumptac Newbie

Reputations:
    Amazon. A few units were available on 30th morning. They went out of stock in couple of hours.

6. timgarbim

timgarbim Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Nice man, been trying to buy
    thx for the answer.

7. droidfury

droidfury Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Just an update. I ended up just doing the reset thing in the settings. Since I'm afraid I might encounter a problem
    with gigabyte software. Everything seems fine for now. I have installed a free anti virus to prevent it from obtaining
    one again. But thank you for your guide, I would probably try that next time this machine screws up.

8. buddy1065

buddy1065 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I'm only using Windows Defender which comes with Windows 10.
    Control Panel>System Security

9. Slavd

Slavd Newbie

Reputations:
    I've ordered mine on Amazon US on Jan 21th and still waiting for it to go back in stock. Recently it became unavailable so no idea when (or if) Amazon is planning to ship it to me. Weird that they had it in stock on the 30th but didn't fulfil my order.

10. bauhaus

bauhaus Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I should be receiving mine from HIDevolution this week. I got the standard model with no mods. I kind of regret it now that the new gen 8th chip is being released soon.

This is the information on Excalibur PC's site:

Feb 4, 2018

Will the 8th gen model be essential the same as the current aero 15x spare the CPU. And will it be available for pre-order on here?

8th gen model detail will be finalized sometime in March. We expect the specs to stay just as competitive and hopefully with no price increase at all. Pre-order will start on April 16th is our estimate. GIGABYTE will not produce anymore of the Aero 15X-BK4, whatever there is left in the market that's it.