Aero 15 X w/ 1070 Max-Q

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by rickybambi, Sep 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adam Davies

Adam Davies Newbie

Reputations:
    Thank you I will give that a go!

I just seem to notice it all the time regardless of screen / light levels so would be good if I can get rid of it!

2. DemShrimp

DemShrimp Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Is anyone else getting issues since the latest BIOS update? Every time the laptop is woken from hibernation, it runs so slow that it crashes. A hard reset has to be done to get it working again.

3. droidfury

droidfury Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hey guys, I just want to know your average battery life? Because mine was no way near from the advertised 7 hours.
    I use battery saver all the time and the brightness is at around 30-40% and I turned off the backlit keyboard but still
    I get 4 hours max.

4. Adam Davies

Adam Davies Newbie

Reputations:
    What are your GPU settings?
    I switched mine to just the integrated and find the battery life to be ok, not quite as good as my precision was but I can just about get a day

droidfury likes this.
  5. timgarbim

timgarbim Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Every site is removing the Aero 15X or showing as discontinnued, anyone have any info about that? Still trying to buy...

6. MaanKaas

MaanKaas Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Not only the Aero 15x but even graphic cards are out of stock or not available, at this moment there is too much demand for GPUs because of crypto miners, Nvidia has to prioritize their products to more important partners than Gigabyte because they can't produce enough for everyone.

When cards do become available, they are often priced by third-party sellers at more than double or even triple Nvidia's and AMD's suggested list prices. (Source: CamelCamelCamel)
    [​IMG]
    "Cryptocurrency miner demand is not sustainable or predictable over the long term. These buyers tend to flee as soon as profitability wanes as they do not have any brand loyalty and only care about mining return on investment. "With availability consumed by the cryptocurrency mining market, there is little chance for any PC gamer to find a graphics card in stock, let along close to the expected price point," Shrout Research's Ryan Shrout wrote in an email. "Because of that, many enthusiasts and DIY builders are putting off system builds and upgrades completely, setting up an unfortunate situation for all other component vendors from processors to motherboards to storage." (Source: CNBC)

I'm sure the high demand is temporary but this makes it very hard to buy computers with quality GPUs right now.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  7. Drekiko

Drekiko Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    That’s an interesting data trend, but do we believe this to be true for laptop GPUs? Understood and believe this to be true for desktop GPUs, as that’s where the demand is on cryptocurrency mining. Are you suggesting this is having a trickle down effect on laptop GPUs? Specifically the Max-Q cards? If so, Nvidia is doing a poor job informing their customers by not adding transparency to this issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. MaanKaas

MaanKaas Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Although the Max-Q GPUs are not interesting for cryptocurrency mining, they are mostly manufactured at the same locations and with the same materials as desktop GPUs.

Because there is more demand for desktop GPUs, those GPUs have a higher priority at the production. This causes a delay in the production process for laptop GPUs.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  9. droidfury

Reputations:
    Thanks. How do I switch to integrated gpu? How will I know if its using the nvidia gpu?

10. droidfury

Reputations:
    Maybe they are preparing to launch a new GPU line. Volta?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.