Aero 15 X w/ 1070 Max-Q

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by rickybambi, Sep 25, 2017.

1. magicmao

magicmao Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    They returned me with a huge stupid power adapter! I even laughed out when I see it. Nice work done Gigabyte! If I don’t accept then Wait another 2 months! Holly **** this has been an nightmare. I will call Taiwan office directly and that s my last hope. Now my slim lap top has a adapter has same weight as it! Haha

Vistar Shook likes this.
  2. magicmao

magicmao Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    But how can you work with it without an adaptor after several hours. They will send you a brick.

3. droidfury

droidfury Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Good for you guys at least you can send your machine back. Unfortunately for me, I am not based in North America so
    I am stuck with this machine and if anything goes wrong I can't send it back for warranty. Fortunately, I am closer to Taiwan
    but I don't know if their service there is better.

I have other issues with this machine. Whenever I close the lid or at least partially close it, this laptop will sleep immediately. In other laptops it does not happen. Is there any option on how to solve this? Also about the battery life,
    what are your settings to make it last 6-7 hours? I have been using it only for work at the moment and not in gaming
    but I am only lasting 4-5 hours with wifi on and brightness at 25%. Is it normal? or am I just expecting too much from this
    machine?

4. wintermutex

wintermutex Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Is there something going on with this machine? It no longer shows up on several retailer sites like Newegg and HIDevolution. Has it been discontinued or put on hold due to the power adapter and keyboard chatter issues?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  5. MaanKaas

MaanKaas Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    My charger works if laptop is off. That's really annoying but I have no choice, only light documenting tasks for me right now.
    Oh, I did not read about the sizes of the brick. Would you mind taking a picture of the bricksize and its specs?

6. VirtualJiva

VirtualJiva Newbie

Reputations:
    There is a rumor I read that NVIDIA is having issues supplying chips at the moment and are prioritizing larger companies like ASUS, etc.

Last I heard they should have the newest batch ready to ship from Taiwan middle of the month, so soon hopefully.

I ordered one last week and the wait is beginning to make me look at alternatives.

7. sockfish

sockfish Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    My giant power brick is 6.6" x3.6", and looks gigantic compared to the one in the notebookreview pictures. It's over twice the size of my Razer Blade's charger.

bradleyjb likes this.
  8. buddy1065

buddy1065 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    7 1/2 x 2 3/4 x 7/8 inches is my power brick and it has a USB which I have never used. What are your dimensions magicmao?

9. buddy1065

buddy1065 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    What is the last dimension?

10. sockfish

sockfish Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thickness is 7/8"