Aero 15 X w/ 1070 Max-Q

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by rickybambi, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Holger

Holger Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I don't feel there is much bloatware. Maybe deinstalling the few programs you don't like might be the easier way. Smart Manager is needed for easy access to special functions like the Pantone color calibration, Fusion for the RGB keyboard.
    However, don't forget to back-up your display color profile in "C:\Program Files\Display Profiles" before any clean install.

2. Holger

Reputations:
    Feels the same way for me, also with precision drivers. Slow movements use some even slower speed, followed by a sudden upshift for faster movements.

3. sockfish

sockfish Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    My Aero 15x just came in. Seems pretty solid so far coming from a Razer Blade 14. The only thing that was a shocker was the power brick. I think my keyboard is doing the double input thing, which is annoying though.

4. Woes

Woes Newbie

Reputations:
    Does anyone have issues connecting your mic through the headphone/mic jack? My mic refuses to be detected, not sure if its a driver issue.
    Separate issues aside, does anyone know how to update the audio drivers with the files directly from gigabyte websites? Im trying to redownload the audio drivers and it says...
    "Realtek High Definition Audio (need to work with Smart ManagerV3)".
    Not sure how SmartManager controls downloads, but SmartUpdate doesnt show me the latest version of the driver that is available for download.
    Thanks!

5. Holger

Reputations:
    It's a 'combined audio jack'. You need a splitter cable when using regular headphones and mics.

6. HussainQ

HussainQ Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I'm sure if you go into the Realtek audio manager, you should be able to find an option to switch between headphones and headset. Using headset allows you to use the mic as well.

7. MaanKaas

MaanKaas Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I found out they just released v7.1.3 of SmartManager (downloadable through SmartUpdate) where the language issue has been fixed;)

8. MaanKaas

MaanKaas Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Yes, if you have a device with speakers and mic in one, you can just go to Realtek's application and select 'headset' at the port settings. If your device is only a mic you have to use an splitter or an external USB audio device.

9. HussainQ

HussainQ Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    You could also just use the mic with the speakers by choosing the option to show both the headphone jack and speakers as two separate outputs rather than the default switch between the two. This allows you to connect your mic and still use the speakers as playback. With the default setup, plugging in your mic will mute the speakers.

10. Yuna.44

Yuna.44 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello guys,
    Just to share with you some tweak I made on this awesome laptop.
    I didn't had time yet to deeply check the stability of those settings (via more benchmarks and stress test) but I'm sure that I've still fine-tuning headroom to improve perf.
    FSB: 102.8MHz ; stable until now (freeze above) giving me an extra ~100MHz on CPU clock.
    CPU undervolt: -140mv ; still got headroom to go lower.
    GPU: I applied + 220MHz on core and +100 on Vram ; 3Dmark11 crash at +250MHz core, but I'm sure it's reachable by fine-tuning voltage curve.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017