Aero 15 X w/ 1070 Max-Q

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by rickybambi, Sep 25, 2017.

1. custom90gt

custom90gt Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    You're right, a careless LM application is more likely to cause issues with a package with nearby components. Then again I'd rather have a decent paste (like kryonaut) instead of LM applied by someone else. I take my laptop everywhere and have never had an issue with the LM application.

Vistar Shook likes this.
  2. DemShrimp

DemShrimp Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Does a repaste void the warranty? My retailer didn't have it as an option, but I have noticed the CPU can get extremely hot in this machine (90c) under stress! I'm pretty keen on getting the CPU repasted if it'll cut me down 10 degrees, that said, I don't want to void the warranty.

3. Wertzius

Wertzius Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The warranty is void after repasting.
    Some people ask questions...

4. DemShrimp

DemShrimp Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So is it really worth doing in that case? A 2 year warranty is pretty significant...

5. custom90gt

Reputations:
    Is that accurate? Dell doesn't void your warranty with a repaste unless you caused damage when doing so.

6. Wertzius

Wertzius Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    If you repaste and you get a damaged cpu or gpu, maybe months later, they will always tell you the repaste was the cause for the damage.

7. custom90gt

Reputations:
    Are you speaking from experience or speculating?

8. Gumwars

Gumwars Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Retailers will, under most circumstances, warranty their work if an issue pops up. The three that I've mentioned in my posts all offer the same guarantee.

9. Gumwars

Gumwars Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Well, I broke down. I honestly cannot tolerate having to wait two months for this laptop. I went ahead and bought the 15w instead. I figure that the 25% bump in performance is, in my opinion, worth the extra $300 but isn't worth having to wait as long as we have for the product. If the 1060 doesn't get it done, I can always hook up a Sonnet breakaway box with something beefy in the future.

10. Drekiko

Drekiko Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yeah - don’t blame you. I was getting ready to do the same but I don’t need a laptop right now. I actually just got a work laptop so, I was thinking of even doing a larger Aorus X7 V7 since I will primarily just be using the laptop at home when I’m on the couch or bed or some infrequent traveling. Have a desktop PC so this is just an extra.

How bad would it be to have a 17in on a lap desk to game with? Still like the idea of the lightness and size of the aero 15x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk