Aero 15 X w/ 1070 Max-Q

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by rickybambi, Sep 25, 2017.

1. baniels

baniels Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I've got a gen1 15X from last fall. The USB ports have never been 100% reliable, but I'm at a point now where they work little if at all for peripherals, and only for some USB storage devices.

I'm perplexed. I've got everything updated, no drivers missing from what I can tell.

Could someone with the same gen device take a look at USB controllers in their device manager and tell me if they see the same thing as attached?

Thanks

usb.JPG

2. CedricFP

CedricFP Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Randomly log onto NBR, see this in my new feeds post. Thought it was funny and an appropriate coincidence.

[​IMG]

xDjinn likes this.
  3. Drekiko

Drekiko Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I have a 1st gen 15x from last fall. See the below. Not sure why mines not showing the Realtek audio ‍♂️

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. ddomaster

ddomaster Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'd like to know this too, why not throw in the MSI GS65 and Asus GX531 too. I'm also looking at this gang of laptops

5. ike2k

ike2k Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    For me, I threw out the MSI for lack of 4K screen and SD reader. The ASUS for lack of 4K screen and card reader. I could get by without the card reader (use a USB dongle). The 15x also seemed to have good upgrade potential. I’m also looking at the Lenovo P52 and X1 Extreme.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
  6. iMbaQ

iMbaQ Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I looked at those Lenovo’s until I noticed the paltry battery size in them...

7. ike2k

ike2k Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hmm. The P52 has a 90wHr and the X1 Extreme has an 80wHr compared to 94ish and 97 on the 15X and 9570. I wouldn't call that paltry exactly...but to each their own. I'm plugged in 99% of the time. :)

8. iMbaQ

iMbaQ Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I think 80Wh is too low when there are models with up to 96WH - especially if I am paying more for these machines. You're right the P52 is good for it, but for me I was looking at X1 realistically.

9. gnlu26

gnlu26 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    If you look around the forums you will see plenty with regards to the Blade vs. GS65 vs. Aero 15x. You will find less comparing the machines with the XPS 15. Here is a quick summary though, as each machine has its purpose and you should probably buy the one that matches the strengths you want.

Aero 15x:
    - If you want full gaming performance AND battery life.
    - The QC on these machines are pretty bad, keyboard issues and software issues, but the build quality of the rest of the machine is pretty solid
    XPS 15:
    - Get this one if you have to have the best build quality AND battery life, but you don't need great gaming performance
    GS65:
    - No major QC issues that I have seen, but the battery life and build quality is behind the aero.
    Blade:
    - Ideally the best build quality of all the machines, but Razer has to yet to build a laptop that can survive more than a year.
    GX531:
    - hands down best cooling of all the machines
    - basically 0 battery life. This thing is a LAN party dream machine, but not much else.

10. bl00dcat

bl00dcat Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    hm ....

Today I tried to play Call of Duty Black Ops 4 because it was open beta test day. On High graphics setup my CPU show 91°C and GPU show 74 °C ithink it's impossible for my setup. I have a liquid metal on CPU and GPU and made undervolt at -0.165 CPU. Anyone tried to play at last games ? Could you tell me your undervolt values for CPU and GPU ? What is the CPU and GPU temperature with these parameters at full load ? Thx !