Advice for interactive psychotherapist doing telehealth

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by SusanS, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Aivxtla

Aivxtla Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The hinge system can be a weak point in the Surface Book 3, other than that overall to me it felt like it was neither a great laptop nor a great tablet, jack of all trades master of none type thing. I personally would avoid it considering there are better options. A regular surface tablet might be a better proposition. If you really need a touch screen on a proper laptop, a touch variant of the XPS 13/15 standard or their foldable 2in1 variant (I managed to get my boss at work to switch from his MacBook to this 2in1 and he loves it) or a ThinkPad might be good as well. If you really want the Apple ecosystem the ARM MBP 13/16 (16 will probably be out in Q3) would be fine as well, as it can run most standard Intel MacOS apps via emulation, but it's likely going to have a decent price premium over equivalent W10 laptops.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
    SusanS likes this.
  2. thewizzard1

thewizzard1 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I can't offer much advice on the system, but MAKE SURE your internet and WiFi are absolutely spotless, and snag a Logitech Brio 4K webcam. Even without 4K 'streaming', the quality of the nicer camera, it's microphone, and it's software add-ons (built-in software for face tracking pan and zoom!!) it's a fantastic purchase as a primary webmeeting webcam.

SusanS likes this.