Advent 7555 / MSI GT725 Quad-Core Q9000, ATI 4850, 4GB RAM + Free Nintendo Wii and 3 Games

Discussion in 'Notebooks and Desktops for Sale' started by CrazyEgg, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bfoot25

bfoot25 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I spoke to one of the managers at PC World.

The new stock is all gone and was being cleared, hence the £499. They won't be getting any more, apparently.

The £799 was a relic which hadn't been removed from the system (they have now). It was the price they were selling refurbished systems for when new was still over £1000.

He thought there might be a few more refurbs available through the website in the next few weeks, he thought for about £399.

En lieu of this, I'd lower the price you're prepared to take!

It may be a good machine, but Advent just isn't a name which will hold its value. A bit like buying a Vauxhall (Opel) or Ford ... some of the cars might be fine, but you're a fool to buy near full price, because value dives!

2. Automatikjack

Automatikjack Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    though this advent is actually an msi gt725, which will hold its own for a while

3. sean473

sean473 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    are u in for a trade? My Dv5t has below specs and runs cool...also has blue ray and digital tv tuner .. its worth about 700-800 and i don't mind adding in some cash...also live in UK so we can meet and trade... has 5 months warranty left.... i also don't want the wi so u can keep it or sell it..

4. CrazyEgg

CrazyEgg Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thanks for the offer sean.

I'm not actually looking for a new laptop I just really need the money.

5. Espada

Espada Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    you be willing to sell the video card itself?

6. sean473

sean473 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    well i don't have the cash...i don't mind trading... my laptop should sell for 600-800 pounds easily but i'm too lazy to do so... if u don't mind , i can trade with u for the advent +100 quid ... that's the best i can do... i'm only getting it for the gaming performance...

7. CrazyEgg

Reputations:
    no espada, I want to sell the entire laptop not individual parts.

sorry sean I can't trade, like I said I'm not looking for a new laptop.
    you could always try and sell your dv5t on this site couldn't you?

8. sean473

sean473 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    well the thing is i could be left stuck in a lurch if i sell it u have sold urs...the thing is a trade is better because u can use it and if u like it , then u don't need to sell it... i'm quite sure ppl will pay 600-800 pounds for my laptop so best option for u is a trade... after all , as u saw , nobody wants to buy ur laptop even with all the goodies for that price of 700.....i just like the specs so that's why i want it.. i don't mind paying a 100 on top of my lapotp for it if u want... i don't really like selling stuff on ebay.. troublesome.. so see how for a few days and if nobody really wants it , i don't see what choice u have.

9. CrazyEgg

Reputations:
    Bumpety Bump

10. sean473

sean473 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    i thought u weren't selling... with the price ppl are quoting , u might as well keep it.... i still don't mind trading...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.