Advanced mini dock

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by jd1010, May 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jd1010

jd1010 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    If I purchase the advanced mini dock and run a dvi to hdmi cable to my LCD which only has hdmi input ports, will this work? I know their are all these problems between converting signals so this is why I ask. Has anyone tried this?

Also under the description of the advanced mind dock it lists the dvi prot as a "dvi-d". What is that "d" at the end mean? Is it a smaller connection like in macbooks?

2. Wh1t3w0lf

Wh1t3w0lf Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    DVI-D is short for DVI-Digital and as the name implies it provides only the digital link and not the analog (DVI-A) or both analog and digital (DVI-I).
    The Thinkpad docking stations only feature a single link DVI-D so the maximum real (not within a scrolling frame) resolution is 1920x1200. I wish they had dual link DVI that supports even bigger resolutions like 2560 × 1600 that some LCDs use.

More Info

I am also going to purchase one of these so that I can watch some H264 content by connecting the T60 to my 1080p TV with the same cable you are going to use (DVI-D -> HDMI). I regularly used it with my desktop pc but I am tired of carrying it to the living room :p

3. jd1010

jd1010 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Thanks for the help...I'm a little slow when it comes to this tech stuff. I'm assuming you're saying it should work or that is has worked for you....Right?

Basically, would this cable work with the advanced mini dock and put out a resolution of 1366x768

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...cs_id=1023103&p_id=2842&seq=1&format=2&style=

4. Wh1t3w0lf

Wh1t3w0lf Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yeah it has worked for me fine with my Desktop PC and it should definately work with your thinkpad and the advanced mini dock at the resolution you want! The cable you linked is fine!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.