Acura NSX Commercial

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by Tsunade_Hime, Feb 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MAA83

MAA83 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yeah, the latest 2012 concept was sporting a V6 and 2 electrics augmenting the fronts.

Acura NSX Concept First Look - 2012 Detroit Auto Show - Motor Trend

2. Tsunade_Hime

Tsunade_Hime such bacon. wow

Reputations:
    Lame, well it won't be able to compete with the GT-R and it's going to cost the same...exactly what happened over 20 years ago with the 1989 R32 GT-R and the debut of the NSX. GT-R pwned face NSX and it was built from a completely different perspective.

3. MAA83

MAA83 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if it was priced higher than the GTR. It's definitely not in supercar territory that's for sure.

4. SemiExpert

SemiExpert Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    You see developing a V10 that has no other applications for just a low volume midengine sports car is very expensive. In contrast, it's a lot cheaper to take a standard V6 from Honda's sedan, crossover and minivan lines and adapter it for the NSX. Think Fiero. Honda has really fallen behind in engine technology, a positon that's similar to GM in the 1980s when they dropped the Iron Duke into the Fiero.

I look at a Hyundai or Kia dealership, and I'm see car line that are way more competitive than Hondas. Honda's carrying over port fuel injected engines from generation to generation while every other manufacturer's making major advances in every generation - lag free turbos with direct injection, for example. Now is not the time to sit around, making cars cheaper, cruder and nastier just to save a few bucks, but that's exactly where Honda is right now. Everybody is kicking the 2012 Civic around because it's just more of the same, just cheapened up, while everyone else in the industry is getting better, Honda's backsliding.

Even Honda's hybrids kinda stink. There was just a court decision in California where a woman got a judgement against Honda due to the poorer than expected fuel economy of her Civic hybrid. Then there's the CRZ that's a complete joke in term of performance, or the Insight, which was a complete sales flop despite the low, low price.

I've got to admit that the GTR might not look like a Ferrari, or even as good as a 370Z, but it sure gets the job done. I also have the feeling that it's one supercar you can trust to drive to work everyday without drama.

5. Kazalor

Kazalor Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I love Jay Leno at the ending.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.