Activate WiFi on TongFang GK5CN6Z using an external USB keyboard

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by pedro_nf, Dec 21, 2020.

1. pedro_nf

pedro_nf Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm having issues with my TongFang GK5CN6Z original keyboard, so its flat cable is disconnected for now and I'm using an external USB keyboard. I disabled WiFi some time ago using the original keyboard (FN + F4) and now I can't enable it back again. Is there a way to enable WiFi using an external USB keyboard?

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
  2. PhatPharaoh

PhatPharaoh Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    does it show up in device manager? if you right click it you should be able to hit properties and then go to the driver tab and you can enable/disable. If not you could try to download the wifi driver from whichever manufacturer you bought it from on another device and reinstall it using a USB stick. Hope that helps!

3. pedro_nf

pedro_nf Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The WiFi driver is installed and enabled, its just on power off. In device manager I only have the option to disable the driver. Tried to disable/enable the driver but didn't work. In Windows 10 settings there is a WiFi On/Off button but it also doesn't work, if I click the toolbar network icon it still says WiFi off, and I see no WiFi network list. Its almost as if the FN+F4 key combination turns off an electrical switch.