Acer v3 771g owners club?

Discussion in 'Acer' started by hatessony, Oct 6, 2012.

1. mlauzon

mlauzon Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Sorry I never answered your question, I never got a notification email that there was a response to the thread, yet I just got an email for the last person who posted in the thread today...weird!

Anyway, to answer your question:

I plan on replacing the C: drive with an SSD, and replacing the D: drive with hopefully a 1TB HDD, upgrading Windows 7 Home Premium x64 to Ultimate x64, as well as upgrading from 8GB of RAM to 32GB, replacing the DVD burner with a Blu-ray burner.

EDIT: By the way, does anyone know where to get replacement screws for the access panel on the bottom of the laptop?

2. Shotshot

Shotshot Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Quite the contrary, coming from a 7738G I find the 771G horribly warm, with a very average colorimetric rendition. Maybe they use different panels across that series (mine is a Chi-Mei N173FGE-L23). Definitely deserves some probe calibration.

3. MrCock

MrCock Newbie

Reputations:
    Interesting, maybe that's why Acer doesn't supply calibration profiles because there's like a dozen different panels to keep track of. Shame really.

4. Clint_

Clint_ Newbie

Reputations:
    I got a question about the bios. I want to slave a 2nd hard disk but there is no option in my bios menu.
    bios version Insyde Corp v1.10
    smbios version 2.7

5. Shotshot

Shotshot Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Updated my V3-771G to Insyde Bios (UEFI/W8) version 2.23 - everything went flawlessly, nothing changed. Probably minor bugfixes.

6. Selereth

Selereth Newbie

Reputations:
    Just to clarify, can you put an SSD in the second hard drive bay of any 771G model? I looked at the BIOS and there is a bay #0 that is empty, and of course there is a second hard drive bay in my laptop that seems to have a proper connector. Mine is the 6675 (Canadian model, Intel core i5 3210M, 8 GB RAM, 650M).

The reason I'm asking is because I contacted Acer and the support rep said that my second hard drive was a dummy drive. That's gotten me worried. I don't believe her because I can see the connectors for myself and the fact that there's an empty tray in BIOS, I mean these ARE the people who gave me a link for a Windows 8 BIOS version when I have Windows 7...

With that out of the way, can you add an SSD to ANY 771G model, just as long as you have a second hard drive bay?

7. darkydark

darkydark Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    why dont you just take your main drive and place it into second hdd slot. if bios recognises it works.

Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0100 using Tapatalk 2

8. Jammed_Death

Jammed_Death Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    hello everyone...a friend took this notebook to me. He use it for gameing but now he got an issue: the gt 730m doesn't work anymore and the only vga that work is the intel hd4000. I already saw this issues with vga switching and solve those problems with bios\driver updates.

But not in this case: the bios is the last, 2.23 (question: is acer uefi similar to older bios? because i do not have much options like asus uefi for example), drivers are the last from acer site, reinstalled after clean and update with win 8.1 but nothing. Nvidia card doesn't appear anywhere, if i try to install nvidia drivers i got "no compatible hw in this system"... i even reinstalled pci root drivers and intel chipset, nothing. What can i do?

9. d0ekun

d0ekun Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey man, I'm new to the site but read your post and may have an idea. I know this post is a bit old so I hope you see this...
    Sounds like your friend's GPU may have become overheated and separated or been knocked loose. This idea seems logical to me because it sounds like the system just isn't recognizing the GPU. Case in point, if you plug in a USB device and have done everything possible for the system to recognize it and still have connection problems... well, you could just have a connection problem.
    There's a pretty decent video on youtube about the Acer 77x model breakdown and swapping of graphics cards. Do a search and see if you can check the connections/paste.

10. firecode95

firecode95 Newbie

Reputations:
    Who want unlocked bios with uefi v2.23 can pick up this one and if you want unlocked bios with unlocked vbios(gt 740m only) where turbo boost 2.0 is activated + set lower minimum frecvency 50 mhz and higer maximum frecvency for gpu 1200Mhz and vram from is set now from 202,5 to 1050Mhz, the overclocking capability for this vidocard is enabled too so you can try different clocks with NVIDIA inspector + added slic 2.1, bios is here, only remember that thoose clocks was stable for me, max gpu temp while gaming was ~70 C.

Flash procedure:
    1) pick one of bios
    2) format your flash in fat32 format
    3) paste bios in flash whit name VAG70X64.fd because if it will be named different bios will not recognise it
    4) turn off pc and inser flash in right side 1. usb port
    5) press Fn + Esc key and dont relase them, then press power buttton,
    6) when hdd led is blinked 2 times (and if flash had activity led that is blinking) you can relase Fn + Esc keys
    7) wait untill pc will turn off
    8) have fun :D

if something isn't right whit unlocked bios just flash this original bios

there is my 3dmark results with unlocked vbios:
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3632QM,Acer VA70_HC
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3632QM,Acer VA70_HC