Acer V3-571G owner thread

Discussion in 'Acer' started by wkbag, Jun 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wkbag

wkbag Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Did you tried to change bios from UEFI to legacy bios?

2. Maxgle

Maxgle Newbie

Reputations:
    Wkbag,
    Yes, I can change to legacy bios and get it to come up with a boot menu, and get it to boot up. However, with a regular boot up, you can't see the hard drive since it is a gpt disk. I have a UEFI USB boot stick that boots up to Easeus Todo backup that can recognize a gpt disk. Then I can select an image to restore to my hard drive in the Acer if I needed to restore. However, if you can't select something to boot to in UEFI, this is useless.
    I also have a Toshiba laptop with windows 8. It also has UEFI, and a boot menu. In the Toshiba, you disable secure boot, then restart, and go to the boot menu, select your device to boot from, and boot up in UEFI from the USB boot stick . I think the Acer is useless without the ability to have a boot menu in UEFI. There must be some way to boot up in UEFI from a DVD or USB boot stick, but so far, I can not see it.
    Maxgle from CA

3. wkbag

Reputations:
    in UEFI mode, if u enable (F12) boot menu, u can see HDD. + UEFI compatible boot stick in boot menu, otherwise, I think u have to downgrade bios (non UEFI v.1.13), but you have to completely reinstall windows 8.

4. alexul

alexul Newbie

Reputations:
    I have booted from an USB stick containing Ubuntu. Before you access the BIOS or boot menu the bootable media had to be plugged in. In my case, plugged the stick before restarting/turning on the system, hit F12 (must be enabled from BIOS) and the media showed up as USB HDD. I didn't need to change to legacy mode. Also try to plug it into the USB 3.0 port.
    However I have another problem with it. The USB 2.0 ports seem to be turned off. They charge any device I plug in. If I connect a smartphone it sees the PC but the PC sees nothing. No problems reported in Device Manager, everything seems to work ok except that it doesn't want to connect to anything. the 3.0 port works perfectly. That's why I tried to boot up in Linux, they don't work there either and all the troubleshooting there also reported that all components are working...

5. Maxgle

Maxgle Newbie

Reputations:
    wkbag,
    OK, I got it to boot in UEFI with a DVD. The Todo Backup program came up and I could select an image to restore. However, you must have a bootable DVD in the drive before you start, otherwise you will not see anything in the boot menu. I could not get it to boot using a USB boot stick. By the way, I have not upgraded the bios to version 2.15.
    On my W8 i7 Toshiba laptop, it would boot from the DVD or the USB boot stick. You just turn on, hit F12, the boot menu comes up, you put in the DVD or the USB boot stick, select the one you want to boot from, and boot. A much more friendly bios.
    But at least I could get it to boot in UEFI. Now I have to figure out why it won't boot from the USB stick.

Maxgle from CA

6. wkbag

Reputations:
    just try to boot using different usb port. Good luck

7. mirage_bg

mirage_bg Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Are those darker areas on a white screen normal? I got exchange my screen and it has zero backlight bleeding now, but I am not sure if this inconsistent light on white screen is under the normal limits?

60% Brightness:

[​IMG]

100% Brightness:

[​IMG]

This is on dark screen , after two replacements, finally good enough..:

[​IMG]

@wkbag, could you help me one more time with camera shot of your screen in same conditions, please (white google screen:))? This is pure lottery with those screens...

8. wkbag

Reputations:
    I think its quite normal, anyway here is my screen at 50% brightness.
    please post if you need anything else.
    regards.
    IMG_20130927_151510.jpg

9. svitol

svitol Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello guys,
    I am the owner for more than a year of V3-571G , version 3610QM + 640M + 4GB ram (now 8GB) + 750GB HDD +Win 7, this laptop has an amazing price/performance (I bought it for 580 euro). I also added a modified bios that allows you to unlock the Advanced and Power menu (in non-UEFI version V.1.XX) and a modified vBIOS that allows me to overclock the GPU over 1200Mhz, so as to get an amazing 3062P 3DMark score of 11:

3062P.JPG

One of the negatives for me is definitely my 1366x768 screen, so a bit of time I'm going to replace my LCD panel with the IPS FHD version. The version of this panel (added in V3 Maii) should be this:

LP156WF4 SPB1

I also have to replace the LVDS cable with a version which supports the new panel.

I would love it if someone could confirm the model and maybe post a screen of AIDA64 like this:
    panel.JPG

Thanks in advance for your help!

10. wkbag

Reputations:
    here you are;
    Untitled.jpg

hope this will be helpful to proceed with your display replacement, let us know how it goes.
    regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.