Acer TimelineX 3830/4830/5830 T/G

Discussion in 'Acer' started by lee_what2004, Feb 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aurelrica

aurelrica Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    the reset pins are under the sim modules, there are 2 of them, one reset the bios paswword and the other one I have no ideea :) search for the service manual and you'll find the procedure there, i tryed to uplod the manual but it's 17Mb and this forum does not allow more than 2Mb...

did the same thing on mine causing a short circuit, then I've put the battery in a plastic bag and le it 2 days in the freezer, it came back to life, also try to put the back cover back on thaptop, it has a switch that disconects the battery when you take of the cover... (at liest on mine is there, try measure if the switch is letting current pass trugh)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2015
  2. ajnauron

ajnauron Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    What goes here that would make the manufacturer decide to cut out an outline in the plastic here and set it up so the outlined part in the plastic can be removed?

Attached Files:

3. aurelrica

aurelrica Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    it must be for somme optional: card reader, simcard or infrared port... they use to have a lot of optionals... I wish mine had a 3g modem wit his own simcard..

4. Airgetcha

Airgetcha Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey Acer fans

Looking for Schematic (block diagram) of the acer 3830tg-6431 (JM30_HR mobo). It is not listed in "Tim's" link. If no Schematic all I am trying to confirm is the unused 52 pinout where I believe a 3G/WWAN card was to be. Confirm if the pinouts are wired for PCI-e? or USB? My hope is for PCI-e--->Super Talent CoreStore Plus 128GB Mini PCle Solid State Drive (MLC).

Thanks

Airgetcha

5. Freezing

Freezing Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Do you have a multimeter? Check if the 3.3V, 1.5V and GND pins are connected to start with.

6. Freezing

Freezing Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I found this video to be a pretty good guide.

7. Airgetcha

Airgetcha Newbie

Reputations:
    No multimeter at the moment. Any other suggestion?
    As time/money permit I will obtain a meter and follow through but a simple schematic/diagram would makes this so much simpler.

Thanks

Airgetcha

8. ajnauron

ajnauron Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Do you mean the space below the fan? I don't know if it helps, but Mulzoffh managed to install a wireless Xbox 360 PC adapter there.

9. Airgetcha

Airgetcha Newbie

Reputations:
    Ajnauron

Thanks, this gives me more confidence.
    The space depending on your point of reference would be below or between you and the fan If your facing your screen. The space sits below the shift, Z,X,Ctrl, Fn...Keys. I believe, and correct me if I am wrong, the "Xbox 360 PC adapter" is a control device like a mouse and therefore likely operating on the usb bus. I am trying to confirm that these pinouts are connected to both the usb bus and more importantly the PCI-e bus as this will have the highest throughput. 2.5 G/s?

Thanks

Airgetcha

Aurelrica

The service manual you have if for the 3830tg-6431? (jm30_hr)
    if so, I am willing to purchase from you as I refuse to pay acer or some third party like "wordpress.com". Service manuals should be included in the purchase of laptop!

Thanks

Airgetcha

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2015
  10. sparhawk909

sparhawk909 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Just adding to the database of knowledge for any Acer Timeline 3830TG owners left. I bought a i7-2620m cpu off ebay to replace the i3-2330m cpu. Like others before me, I'm using the modified version 1.12 bios, nVidia GT540M overclocked to 765/965, taken off all the dust screen grills on the bottom, and placed a few double stacked pennies on the heatpipe. Arctic Silver 5 compound was replaced with Ceramique 2.

I use the laptop to play Diablo III on lowest detail, resolution, no AA with ThrottleStop set to x27 multiplier to run the CPU at 100% but preventing turboboost. In 1-3 hour sessions, the CPU temps max out at 94°C - 98°C and the GPU maxes out at 92°C. I get 20 seconds or so of throttling when the cpu reaches 98°C or higher, not sure if it's the CPU or GPU that causes this (frame rates drop from 30+ to 9 or 10).

Other than that, I'm very happy with the speed and snappier response time in all programs that came with this upgrade.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.