Acer TimelineX 3820TG Owners Lounge. Info, benchmarks, tweaks, mods and upgrades

Discussion in 'Acer' started by Hendrickson, Jun 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope.

Reputations:
    The 5942 is the same KB as the 3820TG? Please add your installation to the backlit Keyboard Mod thread. Let us know if your need to file the slots for the retainer clips. It would be nice to find a KB that fits without filing if possible. Are you taking power from the USB or are you approaching it another way?

You should have explained to your in-laws that you just got an Acer 3820TG and it was not a good time to visit.;) I'm sure your wife would understand.:D

Bronsky:cool:

2. horrorwood

horrorwood Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  3. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope.

Reputations:
  4. horrorwood

Reputations:
  5. aylafan

aylafan TimelineX Elite

Reputations:
  6. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope.

Reputations:
    You mean 5470 I would think. I would also guess that the 6670 we saw the other day on the Chineese website is a misprint. It is not a 6670, it's a 6370. I guess the next round of 4820TG and 3820TG models in the US and Canada will have the 6xxx series GPU.

Edit: Hmmmmm. The model on the Chineese site had an I5-480M. The German 6xxx units still have an I5-460M.

7. horrorwood

Reputations:
    Yep sorry I did mean the 5470.

8. Hendrickson

Hendrickson Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Well when they release a refreshed model with USB3 I'm in. Otherwise its like I will have this for a good one and a half years more. Till the 3830TG :D

9. drizzt5

drizzt5 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Is USB3 really that important to you?

10. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope.

Reputations:
    It is to me. The lack of a USB 3.0 or ESata/USB combination port is the Acer's biggest flaw. Data back-up and transfer can be incredibly slow with no ESata port or high speed USB 3.0 port. With a 128GB SSD as your main drive, you do a lot of file transferring if you work with large graphics files like I do. A USB 3.0 port would eliminate that.

@Hendrickson - It looks like the HP 500 Slates are finally shipping. Some have already gone out we are told. I am also told that mine should ship next week. I think they are discounting the price for the 2 week delay (delivery was promised on the 15th) and providing free 2 day shipping. I wonder if the tablet will render my 1410T obsolete as a travel notebook. HP has a 30 day free trail period. If we don't like them, we can return them for a $15 restocking fee. If mine ships late next week, I'll probably still be within the return period during CES in January so I can see if there is any other business class tablet being produced with a digital pen.

Bronsky:cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.