Acer TimelineX 3820TG Owners Lounge. Info, benchmarks, tweaks, mods and upgrades

Discussion in 'Acer' started by Hendrickson, Jun 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arj154

arj154 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Ah ok cool, I might replace the wireless card depending on the signal strength and price.

2. Innermoon

Innermoon Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    You can get an Intel wireless card for ~$20-30(6200/6300), and I recommend you to get one, because intel one is way better than the stock one.

3. arj154

arj154 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    is it ok to get it from ebay? Or would it be faulty/badly made? This one seems pretty cheap compared to other sites. Its quite expensive here its about $40 for that one. the 6200 is £10 cheaper, is the 6300 significantly better?

4. wasabi.

wasabi. Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Where can you get them at those prices? Links please :).

5. kindan

kindan Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I bought my 6300 from here on eBay. Granted, this seller is not located in the UK but I know they are selling OEM ones with the original intel box, manual, and CD included with the card.

6. Hendrickson

Hendrickson Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I got my 6200 from Ebay and its not faulty. Can't remember what I paid but it wasn't too bad. Also the 6200 is the one to get as it has 2 antennas.

On another note which some have been waiting for my input on, my Matte screen protector arrived from China. Its well packed. I'm just vacuuming the room and notebook to try and remove as much dust as possible before I apply this screen protector. I'm famous for getting dust or bubbles under my phone screen protectors and this is 100x the size :(

Wish me luck!

I will take some before and after shots!

7. arj154

arj154 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    thanks ive just ordered the intel 6200 :)

8. Hendrickson

Reputations:
    Ok, I took my sweet time and clean and cleaned the screen to insure no dust was present. I applied the screen protector with the up-most care and low and behold. It came out almost perfect! :) :D

I had two bits of dust and pulled back the screen protector and used the selotape method to remove the dust. I'm very impressed, the end result is much, much more than i expected from a cheap screen protector. Its almost flawless apart from 2-3 small airbubbles I'm trying to get rid off.

The protector is about 1-2 mm short on all sides, but not an issue really.

But the screen now looks like a stock fitted matte screen and the reflections are now about 60% less. Pretty much like my old 1000HA EEE PC matte screen was (almost)

I whole heartly recommend a matte screen protector to anyone that wants a matte look and half the reflections. Just make sure you apply it slowly and remove all dust and muck!

Here's the before and after shots.

[​IMG]
    Before the anti glare matte style screen protector
    [​IMG]
    After :) (photos don't do it justice!)
    [​IMG]
    A close up with the screen protector on and the slight gap on the edde. (See the difference it makes)

Edit: The one I brought was from Ebay here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260591384046&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

9. CVonV

CVonV Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    gosh i dunno how u have patience to do that.. i can't even do camera screen protectors properly! tested it in daylight?

10. Hendrickson

Reputations:
    I really didn't think i could pull it off. Like I said when i got it I always screw up small phone screen protectors, but I fluked this one :) The 3 small bubbles are slowing coming out too. I think a few days they would have disappeared.

I did test it in daylight and its a huge improvement. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.