Acer TimelineX 3820TG Owners Lounge. Info, benchmarks, tweaks, mods and upgrades

Discussion in 'Acer' started by Hendrickson, Jun 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mmmw

mmmw Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Why choose 660/1060? Seems pretty arbitrary to me, sorry for not knowing much. As for the rating, my unit has yet to leave the warehouse, but I imagine the low rating is due to the clockspeed of the ram being low (by today's standards) at 1066Mhz. I'd imagine faster speeds of laptop memory would be expensive though. Personally I don't think the investment is worth the return, but it you're going with an SSD, and upgrading to an i7, and want the absolute best, I guess it's shopping time? :p

Edit: As for HDMI audio, maybe you have the install the realtek audio drivers as well?

2. Hendrickson

Hendrickson Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    650/1050 is pretty stable so far, 660/1060 seem good too. I will just keep pushing it till i find a good overclock. I might stick with 650 / 1050 for now. Need to test in same games some more. Just installing GTA IV now in order to do just that ;)

As for the ram I wouldn't upgrade it, I jsut thought it was getting 6.2 or something in other reviews. Mines slower?

I've installed the realtec drivers and the sound works, just not via the HDMI. I will try and find a newer driver

3. YESHHHH

YESHHHH Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    when you connect an external monitor/tv via hdmi, go to your sound control panel and set your hdmi device as the default for sound output

4. OC-Freak

OC-Freak Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I'm fairly sure you should be able to get 750-800MHz from the core, you already got memory higher than I expected though! My HD5730 will do 810/1110Mhz stable, and the chip is the same - only different Core clock.

5. Partizan

Partizan Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    How much did you pay for this machine hendrickson? I really wanna get one of these...

6. Vaio Z Power

Vaio Z Power Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    For hdmi audo out, try to right click in the volume icon, and click playback device(no se el nombre exacto mi w7en spanish) and option ATI HDMI OUTPUT by default

on my lcd I have to switch this if you want the hdmi output, if you do not see this option, maybe try to install ATI HDMI Driver

7. Hendrickson

Reputations:
    Really that high, hmmm I guess its time to push the envelope. Just out of interested I see that setfsb also detected my bus speed correctly @ 133 ;) Things could get interesting... :D

I guess around 1080 USD more or less delivered, Note that im in the EU so no extra tax on top of the German VAT and cheaper delivery.

Tried that, it shows the HDMI but its disabled :( Can't enable it, what am I doing wrong here !?

8. bl33ch0r

bl33ch0r Newbie

Reputations:
    Did you install the ATI HDMI Audio Driver? It's part of the Catalyst Driver Package, but maybe you have to choose a user defined-installation instead of express in order to install this driver.

9. Hendrickson

Reputations:

Oh no didn't see that, that will be the issue I did the express install. Thanks! I will get it sorted :)

10. Vaio Z Power

Vaio Z Power Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.