Acer TimelineX 3820TG Owners Lounge. Info, benchmarks, tweaks, mods and upgrades

Discussion in 'Acer' started by Hendrickson, Jun 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Icyzer

Icyzer Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Mmm my laptop is doing a bit weird lately. Every now and then I get full disk write and my laptop stalls. I can't seem to find out what the problem is...

2. aunmar

aunmar Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I thought that the 3820tg had SPDIF OUTPUT. When I connect my toslink 3.5mm between the laptop and my Onkyo 608, nothing happens.

Am I wrong about the SPDIF OUTPUT?

3. mark2000

mark2000 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Bump again. Anyone? Ever since iOS 4.3 came out with Personal Hotspot, I can't seem to get the iPhone to talk to the computer and establish a WiFi tethering connection. I AM on a carrier which supports it...

4. PeterDLai

PeterDLai Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    You have to change the default playback device to the digital output. Right click on volume icon in system tray, go to Playback devices, highlight Realtek Digital Output (assuming you have Realtek drivers installed), click on Set Default.

5. etd

etd Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks for the info - something to consider later on

That's really useful for giving me a benchmark - thanks!

On a different note, anybody got an opinion on whether the Vertex 2 EX is better/worse than the normal Vertex 2 SSD? There seems little price difference. Also, any decent competition for this drive? I'm guessing we're limited to SATA 2.

I was taking a look at the ZeroShock III and IV cases... the IV looks considerably more bulky so if the ZeroShock III case is up to the job I think I'll stick with that.

6. downloads

downloads Super Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Since the thread got a bit big :rolleyes: and forum search is not the best, we've decided to close the current thread.
    It's hard to find info around here which results in the same questions are being asked repeatedly.
    At my request Bronsky, whom you all know as a great contributor to this thread, started part 2 with an executive summary post that includes all the highlights of this thread.

This thread is now closed. Feel free to continue discussion in the new thread:
    3820TG Owner's Lounge - Part Two

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.