Acer TimelineX 3820TG Owners Lounge. Info, benchmarks, tweaks, mods and upgrades

Discussion in 'Acer' started by Hendrickson, Jun 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. folsom

folsom Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I think HWDirect may print out all the SMBus addresses, I can't check because it is expired on my machine. I was using a tool to print out all the addresses to get my keyboard switch to work.

2. raulilha

raulilha Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I believe in this hypothesis too... IC7 is the hardest to apply ever... It's really easy to see people with bad results because of a bad application.

3. ShivaDagger

ShivaDagger Newbie

Reputations:
    I just did an update on my BIOS a few days back using that. I don't know if you meant the BIOS.bat as your install.bat, if no then try BIOS.bat, if yes then maybe you wanna try running the JM31119.exe manually since all the BIOS.bat ever does is check battery level and run that. I don't think Acer would purposefully put up a BIOS installer that is very fragile and causes problems. Well that's for me as far as it goes, and it worked so far so... yup =)

4. mdott

mdott Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Sorry, anybody have an input? I've been trying to figure this out for weeks. I've reinstalled LM and everything to no avail.

5. weinter

weinter /dev/null

Reputations:
    What! I am 37 degrees! How dare the cpu be cooler than me. :D
    Edit:
    Where is the GPU readings?

6. Just_a_Nick

Just_a_Nick Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    The adresses are not the problem. I have used linux, for that. But the information about the connected device and the usage of the registers would be nice.

At the moment is it just a little digging at the black night.

Thanks for the informations.

7. dbaby7

dbaby7 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    PowerPlay wouldn't have anything to do with it. Its probably built into the acer drivers or bios...

8. Damarious25

Damarious25 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hey folks! With all the bios talk I had a look at mine and I have 1.13. Acer website says 1.17 "adds" support for 2GB for VRAM so I assume I've never used VRAM for my 5650??? I wonder if VRAM can improve in game FPS a little? I downloaded the BIOS 1.17 update but cant get it to run. I've never flashed a BIOS before and just need steps to quickly and easily update to 1.17. I'm not looking for custom BIOS, just a stock update.

Thanks!

EDIT: It says I should be able to run it in windows but I keep getting "Flash BIOS Fail. (0x4D0)"

9. downloads

downloads Super Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    VRAM is your dedicated video RAM which you have 1GB of. Adding support for more video RAM than you have will not do a thing not to mention that even if you had 2GB of DDR3 it wouldn't help a bit.
    What's needed is GDDR5 or 256bit DDR3 - meaning more bandwidth not more RAM.

10. Damarious25

Damarious25 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thanks! I believe you, just still a little confused. So your saying the BIOS on the Acer site isn't specific to the 3820TG and is also available to other laptops that may have graphics cards with 2GB dedicated ram over our 5650M with 1GB. Correct?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.