Acer Preditor (Vega 56+Ryzen 2) Helios 500

Discussion in 'Acer' started by ThatOldGuy, Jun 3, 2018.

Tags:
  1. TheReciever

TheReciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    Yeah I know I used to deal with it then but workarounds were present. If they flip the switch again ill just have to keep an eye on the enthusiasts that find new workarounds. Im prepared to deal with that risk to maintain a mobile platform. At worst I would be able to still use it with a NUC I guess like you mentioned.

mATX is my preferred platform for SFF machines and I have had many in the past.

Yeah for most eGPU is only viable on the machine they have at present especially so if they have no dGPU but the longevity isnt much to speak to. However for my admittedly specific use case it should be fine. Even when you have the appropriate GPU in use the core usage isnt that much. At least this was the case when I played with PhysX in the past.

hmscott likes this.
  2. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Cool, please come back and let us know what you end up setting up and how it works. :)

3. TheReciever

TheReciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    I have to get my life in order first but yeah even if I have to find one of these used I plan to get one at some point. Would help if I could get one with a Korean layout as well but time will tell...

I would then be able to retire my m4600 and use the Ranger as my Mobile plex server

hmscott likes this.