Acer Predator (Vega 56+Ryzen 2) Helios 500

Discussion in 'Acer' started by ThatOldGuy, Jun 3, 2018.

Tags:
  1. xdyphx

xdyphx Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Stock 900mv for 1500/950. If you want to go beyond the limit i think you need a stock vega 56 bios because its hard coded into bios and every time reverts back to 900mv or you got a big nasty bsod (i almost kiled my gpu with wrong settings) . This vega have really veird powertables/bios, and its realy efficient (stock vega have 1200mv). Maybe raising soc v or 140A to 200A (desktop vega 56 have 300A) in powerplay can push vega 56 even higher, but i didnt tried.

2. win32asmguy

win32asmguy Moderator Moderator

Reputations:
    On mine it wasn't stable at higher clock speeds unless i set both GPU/Memory to 950mV. The settings did not get reverted after rebooting or anything, and with the power limit unlocked the increased performance is stable. Maybe it is because I am using 19.9.1?

3. xdyphx

Reputations:
    Interesting, didnt know that. If you have time, can you please check if you have the same issue when you wipe drivers with DDU in safe mode, reinstall stock drivers from acer site and quick install the same stable version which i have from amd site.

4. xdyphx

Reputations:
    I i think i have 19.5.2 (i am at work right now)

5. Uckaynotebook

Uckaynotebook Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks for the power tables. Im having the same issue as you, i can not Change voltages. I tried ddu and install latest drivers but still can not Change values.

Aside from that, power tables works and let me squeeze more performance.
    https://www.3dmark.com/compare/spy/8636002/spy/8547269

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
  6. bobzdar

bobzdar Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Did you try installing afterburner and unlocking AMD overclocking? I have to do that to be able to adjust anything on mine, without it wattman doesn't work at all.

7. Uckaynotebook

Reputations:
    yes I have MSI afterburner and wattman installed. just like xdyphx said everytime i change the voltage from 900mv to anything higher it will just go back to 900mv. I tried it with 19.5.2 driver and also 19.9.1
    Whats the highest clock did you reach? Im stable at 1455 mhz core and 960 mhz hbm. Anything higher than that it freeze.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
  8. xdyphx

Reputations:
    Increasing mV in afterburner not working at all, only undervolting works. You can set 50mV but changes nothing.

OverdriveNTool says values are above driver limits and you cant change more than 900mV

9. Uckaynotebook

Reputations:
    How do you unlock unofficial overclock mode on our card? I tried editing the config file but still its all greyed out.

10. xdyphx

Reputations: