Acer Predator (Vega 56+Ryzen 2) Helios 500

Discussion in 'Acer' started by ThatOldGuy, Jun 3, 2018.

Tags:
  1. xdyphx

xdyphx Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Its not fixed yet and i think this is more vbios related than anything else.

Interesting thing about new drivers is, freesync is supported per game now and not in settings (in settings is still not supported).
    I tried only one game, GTA V and performance is improved with this driver, probally in all games with dx11. I think i get 10+ fps more now.
    I tried radeon boost in GTA V, this is one of the best features for sure, fps are more stable and visually looks the same.

Fast try with new and older driver with dx12
    https://www.3dmark.com/compare/spy/9629257/spy/9326735

EDIT: Funny thing is with BF1, i dont know if is something wrong with settings or what, but i got 50fps more on ultra settings now with dx11 and new drivers.
    I tried terraria and i cant believe how much better looks now with interger scaling

EDIT2: new features are mostly broken :D my opinion, wait for new version and bugfixes!

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
    Uckaynotebook likes this.
  2. Uckaynotebook

Uckaynotebook Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thats right!

After installing this driver im having issue with freesync. When i try to do windows update to detect the freesync panel, it wont load the radion software and says not compatible setting with the driver.

Possibly bug or driver issue.

3. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Often Nvidia/AMD display driver updates are also led or followed by a Windows Update, and then another quick hotfix patch for the driver.

Papusan likes this.
  4. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    I think it’s opposite. Nvidia/AMD has to follow Micro$lope’s shenanigans:) Screw up in last second is the normal.

SMGJohn likes this.
  5. win32asmguy

win32asmguy Moderator Moderator

Reputations:
    Did you try using DDU to clean up the old drivers, reinstall drivers from Acer, then install AMD drivers on top of them not selecting the clean install option?

I have already shipped off my PH500AMD to its new owner, but before I did, Windows 10 1909 was working fine with the 19.12.1 drivers barring the resume screen distortion issue.

6. Uckaynotebook

Uckaynotebook Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Previous drivers worked fine before too. Im gonna try to install the new drivers again and see. The thing is, I dont see improvements on my Games so i may Just keep the Old drivers. Not fan of the new features, seems buggy.

7. Megol

Megol Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Is there a trick in getting freesync working with 19.12.3? Did the standard clean install of the Acer driver and then update to the latest but freesync is not supported. :(

8. Deks

Deks Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    How did you update to the latest AMD driver from Acer's?
    Via Custom or Express install option?
    Try Express if you hadn't done so.

9. Deks

Deks Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
  10. Megol

Megol Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Apparently it isn't possible to enable freesync globally but it works on a per game level. AMD should make their interface a bit more intuitive as looking at the display tab the freesync option reads "not supported". :vbconfused:
    Haven't seen a HDCP option to disable sadly.