Acer Predator Triton 700

Discussion in 'Acer' started by rickybambi, Sep 7, 2017.

1. ThatOldGuy

ThatOldGuy Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    It is the making of this video:

Why are Asian commercials so much better than American?

hmscott likes this.
  2. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    And, why are Acer shipping to Asian destinations and not North America? :)

Nice video, but come on that Triton 700 laptop is gonna be obsolete EOL in the US before it even ships in the US. ;)

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
    mason2smart likes this.
  3. hmscott

Reputations:
    A GAMING LAPTOP WITH NO TACKY RED DESIGN CRAP!!! (Acer Triton 700 Kokak Hands-On)

Darkhan likes this.
  4. rickybambi

rickybambi Notebook Guru

Reputations:
  5. IKAS V

IKAS V Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    This commercial is terrible just like the asking price.

Vistar Shook likes this.
  6. hmscott

Reputations:
    Wow, no content posted on this laptop for almost a year? Given the lack of new RTX laptops, I guess we are going to have to be happy with the old GTX based laptops, here is a brand new video review of the Triton 700 Max-Q 1080, with 13 games benchmarked.

Acer Predator Triton 700 Gaming Benchmarks - 13 Games Tested!
    Jarrod'sTech
    Published on Oct 2, 2018
    The Acer Predator Triton 700 is a thin and powerful gaming laptop, but how well does it perform in games? To test this I’ve run gaming benchmarks on 13 different games at all setting levels to show you what performance you can expect with this laptop and help you decide if it’s worth it.

7. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    One update from my site ... as I wrote, I had a custom version from my dealer with bigger SSDs and 32 GB RAM ... after one year it went back to my dealer ... and I will get a Razer 15" with a 2 TB SSD and 32 GB for it as a replacement ...

Why? Well, within the year I had it, I had around 20 BSOD and all had the same reason .... to say it simple: The Triton is not compatible to the big SSDs from Samsung ... sometimes you got a BSOD and the only way to raanimate it is to boot from USB and repair the UEFI section ... Acer found no solution so the Notebook went back to my dealer ... and we made the agreement that I got the Razer for it ... that is the end of my Acer Triton 700 story ...

hmscott likes this.
  8. hmscott

Reputations:
    Thanks for the feedback, what are the model / sku / size details for the incompatible SSD's? We've seen this before for some SSD's on some motherboards, usually it gets fixed via firmware update, for either the SSD or the motherboard.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
  9. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi,
    it were 2 x 2 GB Samsung 960. And as I wrote, within the last year, there came no solution, sadly ... because every other thing was great and I loved it ...

hmscott likes this.
  10. hmscott

Reputations:
    What did Samsung say? I've actually seen people say they won't use Samsung again due to this kind of incompatibility / firmware issue, and security issues like this:

Re: Samsung 850 EVO "This Drive is Not Supported" with Magician 5? [ Edited ]
    "We are an IT company, we configure all of our clients firewalls to Geo-block most foreign countries that do not have any services useful to US business users. If SM is broken because of a connection to Korea, we will need to find another brand SSD, we have hundreds of EVO's installed. We will not compromise our clients' security for your personal gain.

I just verified opening access to the "Republic of Korea" on our firewall makes Magician happy. Would love to know what other information it just passed to you. Having flashbacks of the Samsung TV spying.

Please post a response of how your software will soon not be required to phone home across the world and violate multiple corporation security protocols, or I will have a field day posting this info on every review site I find. "

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5...-is-Not-Supported-quot-with/td-p/93651/page/7

There are mentions of firmware incompatibility with some SATA controllers in that thread as well. It's likely an incompatibility for Samsung firmware between those SATA controllers, so Samsung should be the one to fix the problem.

Maybe try other makes of SSD's next time, before giving up on the laptop?