Acer Predator Triton 700

Discussion in 'Acer' started by sicily428, Apr 27, 2017.

1. mason2smart

mason2smart Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Hard to do that to them. They replaced my gx501 once remotely through another Microcenter store, then marked down the Triton so I could exchange to that after the second zephyrus experienced similar issues to the first...

hmscott likes this.
  2. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    They'll be fine. They know you need to have a laptop that does what you need it to do, and so give them a chance to help you get that.

mason2smart likes this.
  3. Keicchan

Keicchan Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello,

for who it's having issues with the dead touchpad after disabling it with fn+f7 a new firmware that fix the issue is out on the official page (1.10).

worked for me (but now i'm having some TT detection at 63° cpu.. dunno why (just tt detected, cannot see frequency drops at all)

4. mason2smart

Reputations:
    My predator sense software completely broken and won't launch. I cannot turn off speed limits or set fan curves.

5. Greel

Greel Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    @hmscott

at $2200 usd is a 32GB/512GB 1080 max-q Triton still a bad buy?

hmscott likes this.
  6. hmscott

Reputations:
    IDK, YMMV. :)

Some people like'em, I have only seen one person with complaints ( @mason2smart ), but I haven't been researching it for a while.

Maybe look around google and see what you can find?

$2200 is a lot of money, so be sure of what you purchase. And, make sure the place has a no fault / no restocking fee return policy, and ask for how many days from purchase (usually starts from shipment date, not received date).

You might want to research to the newest available Acer's?

And, please come back and let us know how it works out :)

mason2smart likes this.
  7. Greel

Reputations:
    its a re-certified model. 30 day return beginning on the item delivery date. and 90 day warranty. i didnt have any fees when returning my monitor to them. its about $500-700 cheaper than buying new.

mainly looking for a light laptop, trying to replace the alienware 13 i sold (nice laptop but way too heavy for a 13inch).

was looking at the $1500 range (msi GP63 and xotic g60) but this seems to be on a major discount so was thinking about it.

hmscott likes this.
  8. hmscott

Reputations:
    It's a non-classical style with the "mouse" on top, so be sure you want that - or plan on using an external mouse, that's all I can think of as negative...

I'd ask more owners what they think now that they've had theirs for weeks / months, and see if they would still buy it.

Look at what else "newer" you can get for $2200...that's what I've told others that have asked, and they went on to get the Triton and other models...

It's easy to get stuck on something, have it take a long time for the situation to get it to come around, and by that time it's past time for that purchase - you've missed the sweet spot - and it's time to consider other options, and I think Acer has put out other nice newer models, as well as other makers have as well.

Keep your options open and look around @ $2200 for newer options. :)

mason2smart likes this.
  9. mason2smart

Reputations:
    Not a bad laptop. Software rlly screwy tho.

hmscott likes this.
  10. Greel

Reputations:
    i dont rly like touchpad anyways lol.

for a little less i can score a msi or asus laptop with a 8th gen i7/1070(non max-q), other than that im not seeing a whole lot of lighter laptops unless i go down to a 1060/1070 max-q

hmscott likes this.