Acer MXM BIOS Mods and discussion (was: x920G vs. 9600M GT)

Discussion in 'Acer' started by .NetRolller 3D, May 4, 2011.

1. Allleeexxx

Allleeexxx Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi guys. I have got acer aspire 7520g with Nvidia 9600m 512 mb GDDR3. But i can`t install the drivers. (only Basic Microsoft Driver). And no video memory avalible(showed in GPU-Z). All tried to flash all Vidio BIOS for this card Whith mod from this post http://forum.notebookreview.com/ace...eforce-9600m-gt-512mb-ddr3-2.html#post8898826 and without. (62.94.1F.00.08, 62.94.3C.00.22, 62.94.38.00.04, 62.94.3C.00.04) .
    I I installed mod BIOS for my Notebook from First Post thanks @.NetRolller 3D.
    But I still have problems whith my video.
    I would be very grateful for the help. Thanks
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
  2. Allleeexxx

Allleeexxx Newbie

Reputations:
    I solved the problem. Just chenge Hardware ID in drivers to my card Hardware ID

3. Tinder-Red

Tinder-Red Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello. I have the same problem my 9650m gt is detected as standard vga. Can you deeper explain How you change the hardware ID. Thx.

4. downloads

downloads Super Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
  5. ismeit00

ismeit00 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    it is impossible for me to read 139 pages posts, and i would like to ask if there is a working link to download for acer aspire 5920g bios upgrade and some directions on how to install it.

I posted also my problem in this link in NRev

6. FaDaWay

FaDaWay Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi,
    I have a similar issue with a 4670 MXM card From an Acer with modified bios to Work on an iMac Computer from Apple.
    When I try to use the card that's work only on an external monitor and not in the internal one
    When I try to dissambled the bios with AtomDis I can't find the same informations as you:

"Device type: TMDS (DVI or HDMI)
    DDC port: DDC-B (MXM pins 230 & 232)
    Connector: HDMI Type A socket
    Connector location: External
    Link type: Single-link DVI/HDMI connected to TMDS link A
    HDMI audio source: No audio
    Digital signal drive strength: Normal
    Digital reserved field 1 (2 bits, should always be 11): 01 (incorrect, violates the MXM spec!)
    Output select GPIO: None
    DDC select GPIO: None
    Device detection GPIO: #0, active low (logic low on GPIO pin 0 indicates a display plugged into the HDMI port)
    System hot plug notification: Disabled"

I tried also to use IDA but same problem.

I don't understand clearly how I can find "Device detection GPIO" and try to fix my problem.

Thank you very much for help

7. 1234QWERTY

1234QWERTY Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello, you have some information about Quadro FX 770M (hp video card) if it works on 5920G?
    I updated the BIOS with 5920G_MXM_V3.WPH, and now use the 9600M GT but is not satisfied:
    1. Image Quality
    - Image is a little blurry, if i try to use the latest nvidia drivers, the best results are on win7 with driver, from acer website
    2. The performance - weaker than 3650m hd

8. raserdk

raserdk Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Ive got this rare gt330m Mxm II card that i cant get to work in my acer,

so ive read somwhere you can do at tweezer method to make the gfx boot so you can flash it or dump vbios but i cant seem to find the vbios on the card, so i dont really know witch pins to short is there anybody here that can help

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hi3ratgt7zq59t9/2017-02-10 15.56.30.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ass04tcgz8xuu9r/2017-02-10 15.56.45.jpg?dl=0

apperently it did not have an vbios on it

after reading a few guides i succeded to with my install of an nvidia gt330m
    with a modded bios, with vbios in it,
    gpuz validation
    https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/details/8s8f3

uploaded my bios

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  9. Col5339

Col5339 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi all, just like to confirm a successful installation of NVidia 9600m gt ddr3 in my Acer 9920. I used the files as supplied by a French site and 1st flashed the laptop sbios with the 1.20 mod version and then having installed the 9600m gt card. I then flashed the vbios on that too. I purchased a heat plate from an acer 5520 to fit to card and will show pictures in next post of my modified cooling, which works for me. Windows 7 and windows 10 both work perfectly with the drivers it installs. A happy 9920 owner. Just need to win lottery to get 8gb ram now lol oh an faster cpu. Currently have intel core 2 duo t8300. A Big Thank You to NetRolller 3D and others for their dedication on the subject

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  10. jlvanta

jlvanta Newbie

Reputations:
    Is there a way to use Acer 5920G without any MXM card?

I tried a modded bios which had incorporated a toggle Internal Display AUTO / BOTH but didnt worked.
    So Im not sure if its only bios related ( i need a proper different modded bios?) or it is hardware related ( maybe shortcutting or soldering on motherboard?) or both.?

I only find Posts related to upgrading the Card or similar, but none talking about using only the internal built in GPU.

Any help I would appreciate.
    Thanks JL
    Sorry for Hijacking this thread ...