Acer MXM BIOS Mods and discussion (was: x920G vs. 9600M GT)

Discussion in 'Acer' started by .NetRolller 3D, May 4, 2011.

1. downloads

downloads Super Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Go here type in your PCI_ID and SUBSYS (can be found via Device Manager), check the OS, you are using and download the modified inf and a driver and then replace the original inf with the modified one.

2. zlatko_temelkovski

zlatko_temelkovski Newbie

Reputations:
    Thank You very much. GT 240 M vorking exselent

3. Stelios Lazaris

Stelios Lazaris Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello .NET Roller3D. I kindly ask you if you can share a VBIOS of Nvidia 9600m GT 1GB for Acer 9920G because I can't find one. I have only found VBioses only for 9600m GT 512MB. Can you please provide me with all possible variants for Acer 9920G?

4. MooMilk

MooMilk Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  5. Solar4A

Solar4A Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi, I have an Aspire 6920g with the MXM modded bios from the first post, and a GTS250M mxm ii card. I realise it was a long shot trying this card in this laptop, and indeed I get no display on the internal panel nor an external display. Are there any modifications (bios, vbios, soldering related etc) I could try to get this card to work? Thanks.

EDIT: I came across this thread here http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...5920g-soldering-project-for-beginners.693102/
    and it has come to my attention that my GTS250m appears to be romless, as it's missing the eeprom mentioned there! Would soldering a flashed chip in place get the card working? (I can solder, but I'm pretty lost electrically without guides) If so, would someone be able to point me to the type of eeprom I'll need, and maybe a compatible programmer? Thank you :)

Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
  6. simon_inside

simon_inside Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi everybody. Sorry for my bad English.

I'd modified the sBios of my 6920G and worked fine with 9600M GT 512MB GDDR3. This card has gone, and now I have 2 FX 770 also with 512MB GDDR3.

The problem is that one is recognized only on external vga screen, and the other don't boot up. The laptop work fine with a ATI HD2400XT GDDR2.

How can I fix the problem?

Thank You so much.

7. bumer007

bumer007 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi everybody.
    I have search all the web without success to resolve mine problem.I have a Acer TraveMate 5720.Mine graphic card Ati radeon HD2600 dont work correctly it needs re-baling.I have purchase a NVidia 9650m GT 1GB from ebay(they say its compatible with travelmate 5720).When i try to install 9650m GT my laptop turn on and turn off immediately and continue to turn on and off.There its no bip sound.
    I need a help desperately.Its there some modded bios or anything i can do?
    Thank's in advance.

8. Filrond

Filrond Newbie

Reputations:
    Ok. I Confirm, Nvidia Gt330M 1gb Ddr 3 from Toshiba Romless working fine on 5920g with only modify SBios.

Check my posts here for Vbios, (soon) Modify Netroller Sbios with Gt330M Sbios and modify (inf file modify) drivers from toshiba and Nvidia: (I Add in my 2 posts, Vbios, Modify Sbios and Modify Drivers for update process).

http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...oldering-project-for-beginners.693102/page-12

Greetings

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
  9. lordjimis

lordjimis Newbie

Reputations:
    i have been read maaaaany mannyy things(every post in here about 9300m gs), but till so long i havent find any situation like mine. I have Acer 7720g, i had 9500m gs..it was faulty, i bought nvidia 9300m gs, which i saw here is 100 compatible(mxm 2)..or i thought it was.. The problem... it works perfectly ONLY to external screen..bios and everything is working in external screen, and the laptops screen cannot noway work even for bios.. What should i do? i have tried many bios etc, but i cannot find a solution so far..now i have a new PC so..i will use acer as a laptop or throw it on the garbadge.. thanx in advance

10. propolkin

propolkin Notebook Deity

Reputations: