Acer MXM BIOS Mods and discussion (was: x920G vs. 9600M GT)

Discussion in 'Acer' started by .NetRolller 3D, May 4, 2011.

1. .NetRolller 3D

.NetRolller 3D Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I'm still awaiting a response from the filecloud.io team on why my account disappeared.

2. Erice

Erice Newbie

Reputations:
    NetRolller 3D can you send to my pm acer aspire 5520 modded bios thanks in advance

3. Franquicia

Franquicia Newbie

Reputations:
    Well Im gona try to flash it.

I've saved the rom file with gpu-z

and then open with nibitor i've did this changes (where is wally)

nibitor1.jpg nibitor2.jpg

correct? this resolve the win login bug?

or is problem from the bios?

as you can see my english is very poor and i've got a lot of problems to read the solution.

Edit: Reading a litle bit more I have arrived here

HEX.jpg

Edit 2: Changing the strings mark in blue (00) by (3E), like mxm bios mod,no results in mxmparse.

Edit 3: Ok, now changing 00 to 3E and F7 to FF mxmparse show this:
    cmd.jpg

Now bioscod02 is correct?

And how I could assembly the rom file?

Edit 4: Finally I found your bios in other server and now I got flashed and working.
    Thanks.

4. cdoublejj

cdoublejj Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Just bought a T9300 and i am replacing the HD4670 if every thing goes according to plan. Then the 4670 will be up for grabs the only catch is it's a DDR2 version I also have a DDR3 version but, i have the core removed and haven't' got around to re soldering the new gpu core on since i accidentally bridged some connections while wicking up the old solder :D (ooops).

I plan on flashing it rather soon as it sits with a 4670 and T5250, speaking of which a T9300 and new GT240m video card is going to be one heck of a jump my FPS should go up i know i'm bottle necked pretty notably already(4670 and T5250).

I hope i can OC the T9300 as i understand i need mod the mobo. Would have got an x9000 but, they are only $120 USD more.
    EDIT: heard only 1066 and 667 bus CPUs OC with the exception of the Extremes?
    MnSXV.jpg

5920G Photos by triturbo | Photobucket

The thing is it has to have the same PPL as the laptop in the pictures. Also I think i may be able to

Thanks
    Good thing i'm flashing first. Though I do have the latest Acer bios.

Side note i was reading the SLIC addition won't affect my Win7 reading in the earlier pages of the thread. can any confirm this should even worry?

Now i ned to get all my ducks in row and re find a flashing utility and if need be find out if i can flash using windows pe live boot or HAWK pe disc or if i can flash in win 64 bit, i think i saw thread around here about some one having found a 64 bit flashing utility no thanks to acer.

Perhaps this is what i need?

Oh sweet!... Or not sweet, depending if it sounds like a leaf blower. Does this mean my fan will ramp up? Sounds like it will helpe temps.

Side note, Fairly sure i also want to installed a bigger CPU fan like tri turbo did.

5. cdoublejj

cdoublejj Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Would it be possible to re-upload them to a more reliable service? Seems file cloud straight up deleted every thing.

Any still have the 5920g bios before the DL links went down?

6. Jammed_Death

Jammed_Death Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello everyone, i'm new here, found this forum with google and apparently i'm in the right place. I found a travelmate 5720g with last bios 1.35 and ati 2400hd xt vga with 256mb ram. I have a 9600m gt 1gb ram and put on since the socket looks the same but the system will start and get to windows with black screen. Apparently the fan doesn't even start and the vga stay cold like unused. Windows boot up (can hear the sound) but screen stay black even with external monitor via vga\dvi port so ho can i flash a vbios for acer 9600m?

Is there a way to make this vga work with this notebook? Maybe a modded bios?
    Thank you :) :hi2:

ps: i obviously read the first post and i don't get if the travelmate 5720 is supported and the download links are broken

pps: sorry for bad english sometimes :D

7. Jammed_Death

Reputations:
    no answer at all? Anyone have the modded bios for travelmate 5720g so i can give it a try? Can't wait

8. cdoublejj

cdoublejj Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I guess for now it's a waiting game. the bios files are offline for the time being.

9. Jammed_Death

Reputations:
    too bad...but no one else has that bios stored in some folder and can reupload so i can flash it? nobody has a travelmate 5720+9600m and tested?

10. cdoublejj

cdoublejj Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    IT LIVES!!!!!! Got the bios via PM. I had to use Phlash17 via dos bootable thumb drive. Now all i have to do is install all my new parts and do the PLL mod.