Acer Laptop with Phoenix BIOS: BIOS MOD Request

Discussion in 'Acer' started by kizwan, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just_a_Nick

Just_a_Nick Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Thanks for the quick and positiv reply. I will wait ;)

2. kizwan

kizwan Lord Pringles

Reputations:
    Please refer to my previous post. I already update it.

3. Just_a_Nick

Just_a_Nick Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Hey kizwan,

I have try it and it works. It is also the same token for the bios 1.13.

Best thanks to you for the work. :)

4. granyte

granyte ATI+AMD -> DAAMIT

Reputations:
    hey kizwan i finaly got the emegency flash to run on my m17 (using your mod as the bios to be flashed)

i had to disconect the csmos and on reconection the laptop goes back into a first run situation where it expect a bios to be loaded so pressing something (i don't recal wich key it was real late yesterday) it got to flash but then plash got into panic mode about bios checksum asking if i wished to continue so i canceled

any idea what could have caused this?

5. kizwan

kizwan Lord Pringles

Reputations:
    Sorry, I don't understand.
    1) Were you able to flash BIOS with the modified BIOS image?
    2) What method did you use to flash BIOS? Do you did it in DOS mode using phlash16.exe or using CRISIS disk?
    3) Did your notebook bricked because of the modified BIOS image?

If you tried to flash BIOS with the modified BIOS image but cannot proceed because the flash program said the modified BIOS image checksum is mismatch, you did the right thing by not continue. Do not force flash BIOS if you got warning message. If this is the case, I'll have to check the modified BIOS image again.

6. zsero

zsero Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Thanks Kizwan, it's great news! Do you think that in the future it might be possible to set ram timings manually by this CMOS way? I mean, I don't care about a fancy menu, all I would like to do is to set the ram to boot 9-9-9-25 instead of 7-7-7-20. CPU-Tweaker gives my computer an instant shutdown, so I cannot use it.

7. m99_

m99_ Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    And, is it possible to disable EIST and lock the multiplier?

8. kizwan

kizwan Lord Pringles

Reputations:
    I'm afraid there is no way to "overclock" memory timings with BIOS MOD. Memory timings is limited by your chipset & processor specification. Try gather your timelinex chipset & processor specification. Compared to the timings your notebook run now.

9. granyte

granyte ATI+AMD -> DAAMIT

Reputations:
    no the laptop is fine there would have been more panic in my post if a 3k laptop was bricked by this flash atempt XD

ok so i used the crisis recovery methode to flash to your bios because i can't revert to the original one with crisis and reflashing to z.29 would not show anything

i used the zfactor recomended methode using minidos and phlash16.exe with autorun

and like at 16% i got a warning message about bios checksum being invalid if i recal right it was not a mismatch (i also got right to a sound and light show) asking if i wished to continue i said no the laptop rebooted

i tried to enter bios and got an other warning about bios files being invalid or damaged with the it showed something and rebooted again and got back to normal

so in short
    it did not flash
    i used dos and phlash16.exe
    no the laptop is not bricked

if it ever show that there is no reliable way to flash the laptop do you think there is a way to disable or show the menu without flashing?

for memory timing he could use the intel XTu if his bios is compatible

10. kizwan

kizwan Lord Pringles

Reputations:
    Not all BIOS allowed end-user to enable/disabled EIST. These BIOSes simply doesn't have control on EIST function.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.