Acer Laptop with Phoenix BIOS: BIOS MOD Request

Discussion in 'Acer' started by kizwan, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sayko

Sayko Newbie

Reputations:
    May I request a bios mod for the 7741G? I can not open the 4MB WPH file in PBE 2.2.1.3 with an error about the rom length.

2. computerrob

computerrob Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Let me know when you have a chance for the Acer Travelmate 8210 Kizwan. I am going to get a USB floppy drive to be safe.

thanks and don't work too hard!

3. kizwan

kizwan Lord Pringles

Reputations:
    Hi guys,

As I promised, the simple tutorial on how to unhide/unlock hidden menu in Phoenix BIOS Setup Menu is now available. Please go to at first post & download the PDF file. For further reading/information please visit the old thread. I already put a link to rbjack's thread at mydigitallife forum over there. The PDF file is focusing only on how to do the job & by reading rbjack's thread you will understand it further.

4. kizwan

kizwan Lord Pringles

Reputations:
    Frequency Ratio (internal CPU frequency multiplier) has been tried on a couple of computer, So far, all of them failed to boot after changing it to any value.

There is a lot of information we can gather by looking in the BIOS ROM file. The tutorial (PDF) available at the first post only touch a small portion of it. I didn't have all the knowledge yet but theoretically, it is possible to hardcoded in BIOS ROM file for overclocking the BUS Speed from 266MHz to 333MHz. When we know how to find where the control is, we can do a lot of things. :)

5. kizwan

kizwan Lord Pringles

Reputations:
    Hi guys,

I'm hoping that who already have tried the CRISIS disk, will post here in detail about:-
    1) The recovery procedure. Including which hotkey works for their notebook, e.g. Fn+Esc, Fn+B, Win+B, etc.
    2) Type of media for CRISIS disk, e.g. floppy disk, USB flash drive, etc
    3) Other information regarding CRISIS disk. Which option selected when creating the CRISIS disk, e.g. Compress The Bin File, etc.

This information will help a lot of people. :D

6. DavyGT

DavyGT Overclocker

Reputations:
    Can you increase the voltage for the CPU in overclock mode? This is for those who can't overclock because their CPU needs more voltage. Also, is there a VBIOS in there somewhere?

I'm sure I can program the PLL, I've got the SLG and sometimes, it crashes when i change something related to TME..

I'll try that out.

7. Just_a_Nick

Just_a_Nick Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Nice guide. ;)

8. kizwan

kizwan Lord Pringles

Reputations:
    Thanks. :) I wrote it carefully. So, everything should be there.

9. FelipeRolim

FelipeRolim Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello! I'm from Brazil and have an Acer 5738G-6536.

My chipset is PM45 and accepts the quad-core CPU, but the Acer support said to me that the support for quad-core depends on the BIOS to. My notebook can use a quad-core CPU without modifications?

Second, my memory is DDR2-800, but it's limited to 667. How can I change this value by BIOS? Can you modify?

May you create a BIOS.bat to upgrade the BIOS? I think that is more quickly that flash it by DOS.

You can insert the Virtualization Technology too

Thank you and sorry for my English

10. kizwan

kizwan Lord Pringles

Reputations:
    I'm afraid I can't increase the voltage. Have you tried RMClock? Maybe you can maintain the voltage with RMClock. Yes, there is a VBIOS inside the BIOS image. Please be careful with VBIOS update, especially on notebook. This is because, even the new BIOS seems for identical graphic card, usually the connections (LVDS, Analog, HDMI, etc) can be different. Unless the new BIOS is released by the manufacturer or the connections are identical, do not update VBIOS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.