Acer Laptop with Phoenix BIOS: BIOS MOD Request

Discussion in 'Acer' started by kizwan, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pelolu

pelolu Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have an old Acer TravelMate 240 and I want to unlock some of the hidden features in this Phoenix BIOS.
    Basically any feature concerning the processor control, HyperThreading, Speedstep, etc.

BIOS: V1.15BACKUP.rar

Thanks in advance.

2. Hammerfest

Hammerfest Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Kizwan,

you have modified 2 BIOS files for our Gateway P-78XXu laptop's, my question now having used both of them...

can you somehow take the fan speed settings from the .17 bios and replace the ones in the .23 bios? I dont get any of the screen or hardware issues I had with .17, but the thing heats up WAY more then it did prior...

I think that modifying the fan speed settings you said was too hard or impossible, but I am wondering if its possible to swap this portion out from an earlier revision of the BIOS...

If possible, I have both the modified .17 and .23 BIOS files (you do as well if you keep them i think), and could link them if its possible...

I am no longer annoyed by hardware issues, but this thing is getting too hot to use on anything but a desk with a lapfan...

Thanks again

EDIT: ah: "- patch DSDT table - depend on me whether it is worth or not" well if you deem it so I guess... my CPU doesnt have much issue, its GPU... gets to 180F without turning on high, 140F is high in my book :D :( :X
    EDIT: custom would be great, because at the moment, I dont think it turns on at all until 170F, and even then it sure as hell aint on high... and only for a moment to get it 1F below the threashold... :(

3. hanor

hanor Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello folks,

I know this is a thread for Acer, but I would be greatfull if somebody would unlock my bios Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Pi 1536. Which is also Phoenix. Other sites on the net is mostly slic. I would like as much as possible unlocked.
    Laptop upgraded with T7600 and SSD corsair. The Sata settings are hidden, so I have to work with Intel Matrix Storage Manager. Hardly any setting visuable . The list from kizwan in the first post looks very attracktive.
    I tried with PBE en Hex,but that is out of my leage.
    My bios is version 1.25
    The link:Technical Support pages from Fujitsu
    File name: FTS AmiloPi1536Pi15_125.rar

What I read afterwards, is that the alienware M5550 version 2.07 works perfectly with the Pi 1536, also with future update to Ati HD3650.
    The thing missing is the hidden menu's. Would you be so kind to unlock this bios for me? I have seen Alienware bioses with a lot of features. So you would really do me a big favor to get this bios unlocked.
    Thanks for your time.

link bios:http://aliendl.alienware.com/Mobile/...BIOS_2.07w.zip

4. TheInevitable

TheInevitable Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi.

One week ago I decided to update my 2,5 year old laptop. Among these updates were a BIOS flash, but unfortunately it failed halfway through. After that I got a bluescreen and were not able to turn it off without taking out the battery and removing the AC cord. When I then tried turning it on lights up and I can't even see the Acer-logo before it shuts down and goes on into an endless loop. I have tried pressing fn+esc while turning it on and then the power led blinks two or three times before it shuts down. I have tried recovering the BIOS with a USB several times, but it always fails.

Do you believe it will make any difference using a floppy drive making the recovery disc in Windows XP?

Thanks in advance!

5. robbert-h

robbert-h Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi, I have been searching this topic for almost an hour and can't seem to find the answer on my question. I have an AS 5520G and would like to change my Sata0 mode. I can only find the 5520 bios mod. Can I use this one or will this brick my lappy?

6. Tooni11

Tooni11 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi. I have an Aspire 7520G. Bios is identical to 7520, 5520 and 5520G. HOWEVER all my efforts with unlocked bioses were unsuccesful to change the SATA mode to AHCI. It only works on IDE. No benefit whatsoever to reflash your bios with an unlocked one, I know already.

7. robbert-h

Reputations:
    I took the shot and it worked ;-) and as you wrote it won't boot in AHCI mode. Something with Nvidia boot agent failing to boot....

8. hanor

hanor Newbie

Reputations:
    Tooni11, Bo0bz,

Have been dealing with the SATA setting as wel in the Phoenix bios on a Amilo 1536. Tried to get the bios mod,but no luck, seems to be to difficult.
    Changed HDD for SSD and wanted to set bios in AHCI mode. no luck there, only IDE. Solution for me was Intel Matrix Storage Manager, which emulates AHCI mode and Win7 recognozes drive as such. Speeds up transfers a lot. Windows
    Index went up from 4,2 to 7,1 on the drive, Guess I stick with this solution.

9. robbert-h

Reputations:
    Well I have and AMD cpu with an Nvidia chipset ;( Intel storage manager doesn't suppor this.

10. hanor

hanor Newbie

Reputations:
    Forgot to look at your chipset, sorry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.