Acer Laptop with Phoenix BIOS: BIOS MOD Request

Discussion in 'Acer' started by kizwan, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MZWiZard

MZWiZard Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Its still booting somewhat, only with the recover image from 9420. Its reading a lot from usb stick, then stops. I have tried to let it sit overnight, before turning it off, then let it sit another day - but still black screen.

Guys, please help me out? Its an expensive brick for now...

2. Espionage724

Espionage724 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hmm, perhaps try this:

1. Download UltraISO (the trial works great)
    2. Download an ISO of a crysis recovery disk (heres mine, you may need to replace my bios though, mine works with TM2480 and others http://www.mediafire.com/?1dmkz5vzhaz)
    3. Replace the bios that comes on that disc with yours
    4. Get a flash drive or CD
    5. Use UltraISO to either burn the disc image, or to write the disc image to a USB drive (if to USB, let it choose the boot loader automatically)
    6. Unplug the HDD and the optic drive (if using flash drive) (just HDD if optical).
    7. Put in the disc or flash drive
    8. Boot the computer and wait

Seeing as you couldn't get it to work before though, idk if this method is much different then what you have tried. In the worse case situation, your recovery option may be disabled (if the BIOS was flashed with a modded bios with the recover option disabled, that could be bad, but you/modder/someone could open the BIOS with PBE and check out if the recovery option is on or off)

EDIT: I mean that the modder could of taken a BIOS that had the option disabled, I didn't mean the modder disabled the option

Also another possible way to flash (and I know nothing about this being 100% possible) is either replacing the BIOS chip, or to JTAG it. Replacing it would require a chip like it flashed with preferably a stock BIOS. JTAG involves hooking precise wires to the flash chip and using a computer with a parallel port and flashing it that way.

Hope my ideas are useful :)

3. 11hani11

11hani11 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Can you please Mod the Acer 5739G BIOS to show fan controls or temperatures. My fan is blasting with short bursts at max load.

4. Espionage724

Espionage724 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    If i'm not mistaken, fan speed is controlled in DSDT, and DSDT request's aren't accept. I could be wrong though.

Have you tried SpeedFan yet though?

5. 11hani11

11hani11 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Not sure what you mean by DSDT, forgive me but I'm not that knowledgeable when it comes to this stuff.
    I've tried that program and it does not allow me to control the fan, it just shows the temp. of my CPU.

6. chiwi

chiwi Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    hi,chief
    i read through this post,seems nobody request the mod bios for acer aspire 8920g, the latest one is here:p http://global-download.acer.com/GDF...9740&Step1=Notebook&Step2=Aspire&Step3=Aspire 8920G&OS=V10&LC=es&BC=Acer&SC=EMEA_11
    Requests:
    if possible:
    - unhide Intel VT menu
    - unhide SATA AHCI menu(seems has already)
    - unhide Speedstep menu
    - unhide any "harmless" menu
    - update SLIC v2.1 from slic 2.0
    - update suport geoforce 9600m GT This is the most important
    1.thanks

7. MZWiZard

MZWiZard Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Sorry for the slow reply, but my enthusiasm for the Extensa is in a very low place atm... I will look into all of your suggestions in a little while. Thank you very much. :)

8. kizwan

kizwan Lord Pringles

Reputations:
    Please pay attention:-
    - Make sure you all know how to recover from corrupted BIOS. Modified BIOS can render your computer unusable. Only CRISIS disk can help you. Please test the CRISIS disk to find out how to recover corrupted BIOS on your computer. I will not responsible for any problem.
    - For those who request SLIC2.1 please provide your RW-Everything report as explained at the first post.
    - FAN control request is not supported.
    - Wireless card whitelist is not supported.
    - I don't have experience with video/GPU BIOS update. AFAIK, only bob12x have this skill.

9. kizwan

kizwan Lord Pringles

Reputations:
    This is modified BIOS image for Acer Aspire 5670. It based on BIOS v3239.
    [​IMG]
    Aspire 5670_BIOSv3239 VT MOD_FIXED.rar

Make sure you know how to recover corrupted BIOS before proceeding. Test the CRISIS disk on your computer first OR use CRISIS disk to flash your BIOS. This way you will know either your computer can recover from corrupted BIOS or not. I will not responsible for any problem. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2015
  10. kizwan

kizwan Lord Pringles

Reputations:
    UPDATE (17 October 2010): There is a request from human77 to re-enabled the download link to the modified BIOS image for Gateway LT31xx. Since I'm actually did promise to the person who originally made the request not so long time ago that I'm going to unlock Advanced NB Options (NB stand for north bridge), I'm going to fulfill that promise now. Last time BIOS flash with the modified BIOS image on Gateway LT31xx was successful but after changed the settings in BIOS, during POST there was an error message produced which is "Bad BIOS Checksum" or similar with it. Even with the error messages, computer can still continue booting to windows without any problem. In this new (R3) modified BIOS image for Gateway LT31xx, I have triple check the modified BIOS image & it was build successfully. Based on the comparison between old & new modified BIOS image, the new one seems to be intact & the issue with the old one should not be happening with the new one. However, as usual I will not responsible for any problem. Good luck. :)

This is modified BIOS image (R3) for Gateway LT31xx.
    Gateway LT31xx_MOD.rar
    [​IMG]
    Please make sure your notebook can recover corrupted BIOS with CRISIS disk before flashing BIOS with this modified BIOS image. I will not responsible for any problem. Good luck. :)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

OLD BIOS Image
    This is modified BIOS image for Gateway LT31xx. It is based on BIOS image posted by ssorgatem at his post #171 in this thread.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    ssorgatem_Gateway LT31xx VT_AHCI MOD.rar
    EDIT: Known issue with this modified BIOS image reported by ssorgatem (post #202) & Turmlos (post #205):-
    @Turmlos, Advanced section is not available in BIOS image posted by ssorgatem. However, I found "Advanced NB Options" & "Advanced SB Options" in BIOS image. I'll try to unlock these two menus later.

Make sure you know how to recover corrupted BIOS before proceeding. Test the CRISIS disk on your computer first OR use CRISIS disk to flash your BIOS. This way you will know either your computer can recover from corrupted BIOS or not. I will not responsible for any problem. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.