Acer Laptop with Phoenix BIOS: BIOS MOD Request

Discussion in 'Acer' started by kizwan, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dicmod

dicmod Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi,

I corrupted my bios with a bad flash update via Windows 7 64.
    I have an Acer 7741G is like the 7740G but with a 17'' screen. I read all in the first post and also download AS7740G from your post link and makde the recovery pendrive. The issue is the start up procedure my light never flash orange neither pressing fn+esc before connect the ac cable or after and so the pendrive never blink. Is there an hardware block on this model?

Thanks in advanced

2. alexios!

alexios! Newbie

Reputations:
    i replaced again the proccesor , the seller ......???? ha ha

3. kizwan

kizwan Lord Pringles

Reputations:
    This is modified BIOS image for Dell Studio 1558. It is based on BIOS A11.
    Dell Studio 1558 A11 MOD.rar

(Update 11 April 2011)
    New modified BIOS image based on BIOS A12: Dell Studio 1558 A12 MOD.rar
    (MD5: F750DD07BECBD282DEF464CB46F40AFB)

Some of the unlocked options:-
    - Clarksfield (QPI & memory) sub-menu
    - Fan trip point options

Regarding the "HDD Delay" option, try look in the "PCH Control Sub-Menu". Find the "SATA" sub-menu & see whether such option or similar available in it. EDIT: Try enable "Hot-Plug", maybe it will make the SATA port detect the SSD faster.

Please make sure your notebook can recover corrupted BIOS with CRISIS disk before flashing BIOS with this modified BIOS image. I will not responsible for any problem. Good luck. :)

4. alexios!

alexios! Newbie

Reputations:
    i try to flash with phlash16.exe /x /s /mode=3 ZK6_3310.WPH with bootable usb flash drive and when phlash starts say that bios file maybe corrupt do you want to continue and make a beep , i press n . What i can do (versios is acer 5739g vt 3 mos . (i place one file in my usb only wph right?

5. kizwan

kizwan Lord Pringles

Reputations:
    Just ignore the the light flashing/blinking. Follow the procedure carefully. If it is similar with AS7740G, the recovery procedure should be the "2nd version" at the first post. If the power button doesn't flashes, just count 1 2 3 & press the power button. Then count 1 to 10 & then release the Fn + Esc button. Let it run for 15 minutes. Do not interrupt it even though you didn't see any activity.

Did you try:-
    phlash16.exe /x /s ZK6_3310.WPH

6. alexios!

alexios! Newbie

Reputations:
    yes but says at the begin that the file maybe is corrupted press y/n to continue and a press n because of afraid the brick! Have you a idea what happens?

7. kizwan

kizwan Lord Pringles

Reputations:
    I don't know. The BIOS image is properly re-build. If you're afraid to brick your computer, do not flash it. The modified BIOS image checksum should be (CRC-32) 20C33118.

8. Terry Kennedy

Terry Kennedy Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thanks again! I installed it on the 2 identical 1558's (see my sig) and it works fine. I'll experiment with the SATA control stuff later on.

I did notice a few oddities in the unlocked menus. Presumably these are just errors in the original Phoenix code that never showed up because the menus were hidden. But I figured I'd report them anyway:

1) The "LPC Control Sub-menu" of "CPU Control Sub-menu" has no items in it. I assume this is just because that section wasn't relevant to the 1558 when they built the BIOS, but thought I'd ask.
    2) The "Clarksfield MRC/QPI" menu has "Clarksfield" mis-spelled "Clsrksfield" on one of the lines.
    3) A number of the help text messages in the right-side panel wrap over into the left-side panel due to line lengths greater than are available in the right-side panel.

Anyway, the systems seem to be working fine (I did a brief test on each after the update). Thanks again!

Oh, and I'll be sending you a PM about something I can give you which may help your future mod work and tweaking.

9. dicmod

dicmod Newbie

Reputations:
    It doesn't work yet, are there some technical issue regarding the usb pen drive? I wait 30 min and the notebook never restart automatically, so I push the power button and restart without the pen drive, but is still the same.

10. alexios!

alexios! Newbie

Reputations:
    YES thank you kizman!!!! , the mistake was the phlash16 which i download. The only that works is in the crisis files!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.