Acer Laptop with Phoenix BIOS: BIOS MOD Request

Discussion in 'Acer' started by kizwan, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kizwan

kizwan Lord Pringles

Reputations:
    You don't want to set "Passive Cooling Trip Point" lower than default value (95C). If you lowered it to, for example 79C, CPU will start throttling when it reached 79C - please refer to "Item Specific Help" on the right.
    "Active Trip Point" - the point in which the OS will turn the CPU Fan on (as stated in "Item Specific Help" on the right); set this to 40C - I figured Fan should already on when temp reached this value. 55C seems too high.

"High-Fan Trip Point" - the point in which the OS will turn the CPU Fan on high (as stated in "Item Specific Help" on the right); the default value (71C) already looks OK. You can lowered this down to, for example 60C. Fan will spin in max speed when CPU temp reaching 60C.
    No need to change anything in this section.

2. kizwan

kizwan Lord Pringles

Reputations:
    CPUID for Q9100 (Spec Code: SLB5G) is 01067Ah while CPUID for Q9000 (Spec Code: SLGEJ) is 010676h.
    I already gave you the link to the list of PM965's compatible processor in my previous post:-
    The Gateway P-7805u FX, Alienware M17 & MSI GT725 which all of 'em support Intel Core 2 Quad processor have PM45/GM45 chipset.

Anyway, thank you for testing the CPU Microcode Update BIOS MOD. :) Look like only computer halt during boot (after upgraded the CPU) but able to resume booting into windows can take the benefit from modded BIOS with CPU Microcode Update.

Yeah, I forgot ring69's 6920G have T5750. :) lizzarddos's 6920G have T9500.

3. temka-0622

temka-0622 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hi guys, I have Emachines d640 laptop, which is a brand from Acer for budget notebooks, please help me out. I need to unhide some bios options, specifically cpu advanced options, and memory options. please help me.

4shared - My 4shared - shared folder - free file sharing and storage
    bios update for my laptop model
    and RW-everything save file. PLease help!

4. kizwan

kizwan Lord Pringles

Reputations:
    I'll look into it. For the meantime, make sure your notebook can recover corrupted BIOS with CRISIS disk.

5. kizwan

kizwan Lord Pringles

Reputations:
    This is modified BIOS image for TravelMate 3040 (SLIC 2.1). It is based on BIOS ver 3206. Only Virtualization option is available.
    Travelmate 3040 3206 SLIC2.1_VT MOD.rar
    [​IMG]

Regarding the CPU upgrade, I believe you won't faced any problem if you decided to upgrade to T7400 or T7600.

Please make sure your notebook can recover corrupted BIOS with CRISIS disk before flashing BIOS with this modified BIOS image. I will not responsible for any problem. Good luck. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2015
  6. kizwan

kizwan Lord Pringles

Reputations:
    This is modified BIOS image for Aspire 7741G. It is based on BIOS v1.18.
    Aspire 7741G BIOS_1.18 MOD.rar

####################################################
    (Update 4 April 2011)
    This is new modified BIOS image for Aspire 7741 series notebook. It is based on BIOS v1.20.
    Aspire 7741Z BIOS_1.20 MOD.rar
    (MD5: 40456B99B40D7CD7005857CA1B774F61)
    - Unlocked hidden Intel section

(Update 14 July 2011)
    This is new modified BIOS image for Aspire 7741 series notebook. It is based on BIOS v1.26.
    Aspire 7741G BIOS 1.26 MOD.rar
    (MD5: B084F7E32F680403417EDB51A6F9C3FD)
    - Unlocked hidden Intel section

Please make sure your notebook can recover corrupted BIOS with CRISIS disk before flashing BIOS with this modified BIOS image. I will not responsible for any problem. Good luck. :)

7. Sayko

Sayko Newbie

Reputations:
    Kizwan,

I have to say... You are the man!. I have tons of options now, not made any changes yet. I will keep this topic informed about de modded bios.

8. ring69

ring69 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    kizwan, i want to say thanks XD i have change the value of the Fan XD
    So what can i change more ? to take more extras, from the extra super menu XD
    Sorry if i am stelling your time ... realy, because even with the help menu, is dificult to uderstand some stuff LOL

9. kizwan

kizwan Lord Pringles

Reputations:
    This is modified BIOS image for eMachines D640. It is based on BIOS v1.11.
    eMachines D640 BIOS_1.11 MOD.rar
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2015
  10. kizwan

kizwan Lord Pringles

Reputations:
    Hi hippotek,

There is new modified BIOS image for Sony Vaio VGN-AR760U. Look at "UPDATE (16 January 2011)" - post #1279.
    - "Moved" options under "Merom CPU Control Sub-Menu" to directly under "CPU Control Sub-Menu". When you enter "CPU Control Sub-Menu", you should see the options (VT, etc).
    - Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology (EIST) is unlocked - for enabling dual-IDA using ThrottleStop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.